Author Topic: Starting my first beard (hopefully)  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
Re: Starting my first beard (hopefully)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
The itching will stop let it grow looking good.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
UPDATE:

Became discouraged with the level of growth today.  Virtually nothing has changed since last time y'all have seen it (end of week 3) and today (end of week 4), so I considered shaving it back to the tried-and-true goatee.  When I got home today I decided to just edge the neckline up slightly and re-evaluate.  Happy to report it improved the look of my pseudo-beard nicely so I'm soldiering on for a few more weeks!  If only the cheeks would fill in I would have no qualms about keeping it up for the next few months...
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: Starting my first beard (hopefully)
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
PATIENCE

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
Progress report..............?
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
Ir's going to take some time to grow a full beard...but I can grow a nice chinstrap in two weeks. Maybe when (if) my military career is over, I may invest in going through the itching for three months to grow a thick beard!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
UPDATE:

Virtually nothing has changed since last time y'all have seen it (end of week 3) and today (end of week 4),

Try to remember your perception of growth is in relation to what it was, the beard grows at a constant rate, so the beard does double in length between week 1 & week 2, but only 50% in week 3 and so forth and so on.  Patience--it's 20-30 minutes to sly, a fully mature beard is going to be a 2-3 month situation--let it do it's thing. 

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm definitely going to let the beard do its thing.  After I edged the neckline it has some semblance of a true beard and doesn't look quite as unruly.  I'm looking forward to where it goes in the next month or two!
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
I'm looking forward to where it goes in the next month or two!

O0

Slynito

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »
I can see improvement...  O0