Author Topic: Straight Razors  (Read 9600 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Straight Razors
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
It's not for everyone, but the straight razor AND a five pack of cartridges cost me about $14....As long as you keep the blade covered between shaves, (the name of the brand is Fromm) and you use it ONLY on yourself, you can get a good 7 to 10 shaves before changing the blade. They're good on the scalp, but dangerous to use on the face.....But based on mine and others opinions, only use a straight razor at your own risk.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »
I haven't  tried straight razors... But i heard from my peers that it can give you the smoothness you want... I guess I will try if i get one good straight razor in my hand. O0

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
My Sly is a compromise between cost, time, and safety.  The reason King Gillette made a fortune was that the use of a straight razor is a delicate matter balancing the shave effect versus the slash effect.  Yes, yes, I'm sure practice makes perfect, but--it's only a shave, and (come on, guys!) nearly any razor will do a perfectly fine job, and Ming is perfectly happy with his seventy-year old safety razor.  So why add the whiff of danger to one's day when you can wimp out with a safety?  Ming gets enough danger on the road to work.

Slynito

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »
...think I'll wimp out, too.  ::)