Author Topic: Dog Lovers  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Dog Lovers
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
nice, Highguage :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 02:38:56 AM »
I've always been a lab guy. I was raised with Missy, a black lab 1974-1986 Chip, another black 1982-1990, and I had my own two Shelby 1998-2003 ( died of a stroke) and my best friend, and service dog Hunter 1998-2008 (died of cancer) I thought I would Never have a dog other than a lab. After Hunter died, I was DESTROYED. I thought I would never go through the pain of losing a dog so would never own one. Well, along came Morgan, I adopted him at a shelter fair I went to with my sister to find a dog for her. I was in my wheelchair full time then and we were walking around the park with multiple rescue groups, came across the Beagle Rescue... ALL of them were jumping all over the place and I noticed one in the back, curled up in a ball, looking sad, I rolled up to the 3' high fence and he slowly got up, and walked over to me, I asked the worker if I could take him out to hold him, she said yes, and put a lead on him and opened the cage. Morgan and I walked to a clear area of the park and I hopped out of my wheelchair. he crawled up into my lap and fell asleep, after licking my face.  HE HAD ME AT THE FIRST LOOK.  I brought him home on SuperBowl Sunday 2009.  I had a party that day and the entire party he laid under my chair, to this moment if I am home, he NEVER leaves my side, even when I go to the bathroom, I have to let him in with me or he whines. I can't even describe our bond. Right now, it's 2:30 am and I am in my recliner and he is on my legs/lap.  I set up a video camera one time and put it to record time-lapse while I was gone, He walks with me to the door whenever I go anywhere. On the 7 hour video, he sat by the door until I came home. If I could take him everywhere, I would. I know every dog owner loves their dog so much, but I never knew a love for an animal like I have for Morgan. Oh, he is 30% Beagle and 70% Boxer.

Now to really tear at your heart strings, Since he was an abandoned rescue, they don't know his exact age but estimate he was born in fall 2008.... I swear if I believed in reincarnation, I would swear he was Hunter come back to me. 

Hunter

Morgan
AKA Gimpy

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
I am a dog lover too. Morgan looks like a real sweetheart. They are so loyal.As they say, a dog is a man's best friend.

We have a female golden retriever rescue dog. My son has a black labrador, St. Bernard, dobermine combo. THey are both great dogs.

Offline Hammy

• Sly Jr.
  • Don Sweeny, the Stanley Cup, and I!
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

This is my English bulldog Mack, he's a 4 year old pure bread. He's 60lbs of muscle that thinks he's a lap dog!

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
As the old joke goes, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car, come back an hour later and open it, see which one is more happy to see you..... HA!
AKA Gimpy