Author Topic: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?  (Read 68736 times)

theman

Re: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I dont want my hair back quite the reverse  find a way to lose it permanently , save shaving it daily

I completely agree with him.  I enjoy shaving, but I don't ever want my hair back.  I'm 24 and love being bald.  Honestly, everyone I know loves it too.   

And Bro. SLY, your enjoying the way of SLY !  Plus looking dern good ! ;)  Walk Tall and with Pride my man.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
When I was younger I could not imagine being bald and was thankful for very thick hair all the time. Still very thick hair last April when I went BBC. I was into gels, paste and spiked it every which way. The gray was too much and coloring got old. So here I am BBC and wish I had this enlightenment years ago. Definitely keeping it for good- it is almost addictive to shave it and feel it.

Offline YoungSlyBaldGuy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
I'd have the hair back if I could.

But I'd gladly shave it. Then I would just go through the cycle of letting it grow for a year or something and then shaving it again.

Oh well!

theman

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
YSBG,

No you wouldn't , you look good with the look of SLY !  Nice to get in the shower, and go out and feel free, of greasy hair that blow's and is thining , you have to get haircuts for a heck of a price, come home look in the mirror and say this sucks !  Tell me I am wrong , I very well could be.  But I have went through that stuff.  So that is why I know Grasshopper.   ;) 8)

Offline YoungSlyBaldGuy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
YSBG,

No you wouldn't , you look good with the look of SLY !  Nice to get in the shower, and go out and feel free, of greasy hair that blow's and is thining , you have to get haircuts for a heck of a price, come home look in the mirror and say this sucks !  Tell me I am wrong , I very well could be.  But I have went through that stuff.  So that is why I know Grasshopper.   ;) 8)

Oh I would. Nice of you to say I look good! When I went to visit the family for Thanksgiving, my grandma was upset I didn't have my golden locks. Heritage is a big thing of pride for my family and us kids blonde hair has always been a prized thing. Hard dealing with going bald by itself. Even harder when your family is so attached to it.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• One smooth dude
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Re: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
I prpbably would.  Grow it out in the winter for warmth, and keep it sly the rest of the year.

BBCAlex

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
I am BBC (bald by choice) and actually have very thick and full hair. Being hairless is so much better than having hair and Im actually envious of those who have lost their hair. Wish mine would just fall out to save me having to shave it every day. However, I must admit to having developed a bit of an addiction to shaving but the feeling of forever being totally smooth and without velcro on my head is very appealing.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
YSBG,

Oh I would. Nice of you to say I look good! When I went to visit the family for Thanksgiving, my grandma was upset I didn't have my golden locks. Heritage is a big thing of pride for my family and us kids blonde hair has always been a prized thing. Hard dealing with going bald by itself. Even harder when your family is so attached to it.
should have bagged them golden locks here they are  O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline YoungSlyBaldGuy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2012, 04:03:09 PM »
YSBG,

Ha ha ha. I did when I was 18. Donated my hair to locks of love!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Re: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2012, 04:39:16 AM »
I prpbably would.  Grow it out in the winter for warmth, and keep it sly the rest of the year.

Bbc here. It is winter. I'm still shaving my head. Of course winter in the Carolina's is not the same as winter in Alaska. Been there, done that. I was not  BBC then.

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
I don't mind being bald, but if I was able to grow-all  my hair back I would have a ponytail and never cut it again, I miss it.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »
Lets think. I'm now 72 so deduct 50 and that would make me 22. At that point I had the proverbial full, luxuriant head of hair-a friend who liked to run their fingers through it said it felt and looked better than wild mink. If I had that today, I'd look foolish, no man my age has that sort of covering unless they'd either kicked Mother Nature in the bum or played extensively with manufacturers of a better sort of plastic. Remember the criticism Reagan took about his hair? While I'm not trying to intentionally look "old" I am interested in seeming age appropriate.

And all that is the ripest corn as I shaved my full, luxuriant head of hair 15 years ago and have never looked back.  In other words, it was fun while I had it, did everything with it I could think of, DA flat top, pony tail down to my Lumbars, fades, business man's crop, Kennedy brush etc. And when I think of the hours of maintenance they all took, not to mention the cost, I wouldn't go back if I could. Just the years growing the pony tail and the hours to wash and wax it probably took several weeks out of each year. Not to mention trying to braid it-behind my back-for more formal occasions. (This was during the EuroTrash era when I lived in Frankfurt.) So, no, I'm happy as I am, my only regret is that I waited as long as I did....

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
 O0
YSBG,

Ha ha ha. I did when I was 18. Donated my hair to locks of love!
O0 great donation, for a very worth while cause.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Past of couple of days I have been thinking of letting ine grow again for a bit. toying with it!

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
I actually wouldn't want ALL of my hair back. I thought it looked best when my hair had receded to about a Norwood 2 (about 10 years ago). (It's now somewhere in the neighborhood of 2a-3a) I liked the "widow's peak" effect the 2 gave until it receded farther.

My hairline in my younger days was much lower down and straight across. Didn't like it except the year after I graduated High school, which was probably the first time I'd had a stylish haircut.