Poll

Which Superbowl do you want to see the most

Giants/Ravens (SB 35 rematch)
0 (0%)
Giants/Patriots (SB 42 rematch)
6 (37.5%)
49ers/Ravens (Harbaugh Bowl II)
6 (37.5%)
49ers/Patriots (Four for the Pats or Six for the 9ers)
2 (12.5%)
Don't Really Care
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2011-12  (Read 16295 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
Re: Wildcard weekend 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »
The 49ers impressed me the most..................Alex Smith made some throws that were about as good as can be,very impressive! The defense was as tough as it has been all year..................smash mouth football!!!   The 49ers will be a load for whom ever they face.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »
Loved that 49ers win!!!

No surprise in New England.

As for the Matt Ryan hatred...... even before he was drafted all the "experts" were predicting great things for him. I think he is a QB with slightly better than average skills and an average arm. He just can't make all the throws an NFL QB needs to make. His record in big games prove this out.

The most stated comparison I hear of our own beloved Joe Flacco is to Matt Ryan since they came out in the same draft. Their career stats are remarkably similar..... but look at the total number of wins and the playoff record (Ryan 0-3 I think, and Joe is 4-3 before today). Also, the Ravens play in a much tougher division than Atlanta and Flacco has shown that he can win big games pretty consisitently. Flacco has his shortcomings as do most QBs but I'll take him over most of the current NFL QBs. I'll take Joe over Ryan 100 times out of 100.

Flacco has the most wins in his first four years of any NFL QB ever. Pretty impressive when you really think about it. Ryan is rather pedestrian. I think Ryan has been a big disappointment overall and it's starting to catch up to him.

Joe's stats would have been much better this year but our receivers dropped way more balls than the league averavge this year.

By the way.... Joe is WAY under appreciated in Baltimore. The guy is a winner and Ryan is not. Ironically...  I wanted the Ravens to wind up with Ryan in the draft but he was already gone by the time it was the Ravens pick. I'm glad we have Joe.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »
^^^^^^

Thanks Koz. I thought it was because he played in Atlanta, and (from what I gather) most people from the south don't consider Atlanta "the South".

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 10:15:43 AM »
Time to do a beer run and watch the packers get beat today!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
I'm rooting for the Packers today for the reason that I think it would be completely ironic that Nor Cal boy Aaron Rodgers, who most  likely rooted for the 49ers growing up, would be the one to knock them out of the playoffs.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
being a buccaneers fan, I HATE the saints, so glad they lost.

shame Teebow time is over. I hate brady.

Rooting for the ravens and packers for todays game

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
In all honesty, I was hoping that Brady suffered a career ending injury and the Donkeys won. Anything that forces Elway to keep Tebow on the roster in 2012 is a good thing.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
Saints,  :(, Oh well, there's next year--and in 2013, SB's in our home town--it will be sweet, Geaux Saints, Who Dat! O0

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
The Giants put a huge ass whoopin' on the Packers.................Giants are peaking at the right time and the showdown with the 49ers should be a great game. I feel very bad for the Packers coach who lost his son ..................as I can't think of a worse situation for a parent because there is nothing worse than that. Prayers to him and his family.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: NFL Playoffs 2011-12
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »

Just curious....what's with all the Ryan hate?
[/quote] @Mikekoz- thanks for the explanation from the Ravens point of view @Schro- As a Saints fan, the rivalry with the Falcons has been going on for more than 40 years, Many times each has reveled in the other's misery for whatever reason. Even when the Falcons and/or Saints were bad teams, the home games against each other always sold out. It's not that I hate Ryan, it's just that Atlanta fans can't seem to get over Vick (he did win two playoff games with them, one at Lambeau no less). As Mike put it, Ryan kicks butt in the regular season, but fizzles out in the playoffs. As for the Suckaneers/Buccaneers they play us tough, but we've only been division foes for ten seasons and our best overall winning percentage is against them, so I'm not going to get into a shouting match about a team that we own more often than not. Side note to the moderators: If it's OK, I changed the thread title to "NFL Playoffs 2011-12" since this thread wound up spilling over into the second weekend.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:16:48 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

marty22

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »
JETS fan here but the Giants shocked me today.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
I can't believe this...

The local channel just kept on with the "Fox 6 Blitz"...talking about the Packers LOSS.

I missed most of Animation Domination because of it...The Simpsons...the premier of Napoleon Dynamite...

...but, most of all, 10 MINUTES OF FAMILY GUY!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
Wow...The Packers are the first team in NFL history to be one and done after a 15-1 season (not reaching Conf. Champ.)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
 I`m sooooo happy my team won today , ( Giants ) .
Good games this weekend ..........

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
Congratulations to the Jersey Giants.