Author Topic: Getting Rid Of Bruises From Clippers  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Spyder8

• Learning the way of Sly
Getting Rid Of Bruises From Clippers
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »
Alright guys I'm new on here and at first glance I don't see that this topic has been discussed.  But here goes.  I'm in the process of switching from electric clippers to razors with shaving cream.  I'm a black guy with light complexion.  Probably the worst category to be in when male pattern baldness sets in and you lose your hair up top.  I have been using electric clippers to shave my head for years because I had bad experiences with razors (but from reading these posts I can see my first mistake was to use the cheap one-blade BIC razor).  Well the clippers don't shave me closely enough so I have to shave everyday and it still leaves some hair left over.  With my dark hair and light complexion, my bald spot is very noticeable.  SInce the clippers didn't cut close enough, I have spent years irritating my scalp at the border of hair and no hair, by scraping the clippers over and over on my scalp in an attempt to get a close shave.  So now even if I switch to a razor and cream and get a close shave, I still have the bruises that look like hair from afar.  What creams work best to remove bruises caused by clippers....a cream that can restore the natural color of my scalp so that when I shave with a razor, I can remove all the hair and still not have the bruises looking like hair from afar.  Also any tips on what products/techniques that work best for black guys with extremely stubborn hair appreciated

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Getting Rid Of Bruises From Clippers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
First of all, welcome...Secondly, you're not the only one with issues from shaving bumps and bruises...Could it be that your clippers were not properly cleaned/oiled? More often than not, especially on African-American males, that can lead to severe bumps, or worse keloids..The few times I went to a barber, they almost always sprayed sterilizer on clippers between customers and made sure to oil the clippers during slow periods. As for shaving with a razor, it is better to use blades with at least three, though I personally use twin blades when I shave with disposables (Some suggestions would be Mach-3, Schick Quattro, etc, maybe some of the other guys can help me here). I would give myself a few days to heal first by using Bump Stopper, Witch hazel, or even rubbing alcohol (you have to figure out which works best for you) and then try the 30-day rule, though it seems like you are a regular shaver anyway. Another key to shaving your head is to wash it (not with regular soap or regular shampoo) perhaps Noxzema, Nivea or even Body wash...Also change/wash your pillowcases constantly or at the very least, wear a skull cap to bed as there is no protection between a bare scalp and the elements on your pillow....Sorry for the long-winded post, but I hope this helps....Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:35:43 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Spyder8

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
Thanks...and yeah I admit i ran out of clipper oil and haven't really been oiling them.  but I just think the razor shave will give me a better shave and I won't have to do it every single morning.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
I'd give witch hazel a try. I know on my head it really helps with bumps or irrations. Hopefully it'll help you also. 8)

Enter your email address: