Author Topic: I think this guy got carried away ....  (Read 10831 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I think this guy got carried away ....
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »
All of a sudden Fishboy from the movie Hellboy doesn't seem too extreme.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »
.... just a little bit! :o

Well he lives tat and we live SLY  :*))

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 05:44:10 AM »
I met Erik Sprague "The Lizardman" at a tattoo convention in St. Louis Missouri back in the early part of '00 and he struck me as such an intelligent,extremley well spoken dude. Very down to earth and more than happy to have a chat with a stranger about the process of tonguesplitting.

I agree with all of you that these types of body mods are quite extreme, I do somewhat,however, understand their desire to do it.

It isnt really wanting to look like an utter freak or making people sick, more about the assertion of ones TOTAL control over their body and how they look.

Granted I can think of better ways to do this but I do have respect for them.

Some people think the same about all of us.."Why would these oddballs be PROUD of being bald" is what they think ,but they just dont understand how much of part our lives it is to be Sly and the freeedom and joy it gives us and they just will never understand it.

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »
I met Erik Sprague "The Lizardman" at a tattoo convention in St. Louis Missouri back in the early part of '00 and he struck me as such an intelligent,extremley well spoken dude. Very down to earth and more than happy to have a chat with a stranger about the process of tonguesplitting.

I agree with all of you that these types of body mods are quite extreme, I do somewhat,however, understand their desire to do it.

It isnt really wanting to look like an utter freak or making people sick, more about the assertion of ones TOTAL control over their body and how they look.

Granted I can think of better ways to do this but I do have respect for them.

Some people think the same about all of us.."Why would these oddballs be PROUD of being bald" is what they think ,but they just dont understand how much of part our lives it is to be Sly and the freeedom and joy it gives us and they just will never understand it.

Even though at first when seeing some of these pics of these people I thought "Wow-Wee-Wow."  "How could someone do that to themselves."  After reading this post from JDog it made me think twice and a little more into it.  Don't get me wrong, that is still way to extreme for me.  But I can understand their feelings of wanting to feel free and have control to make that happen.  It's just a more extreme version.  So, I too, have respect for these people.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:56:05 AM by Lance »

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »
I too know Erik Sprague (the lizzardman)   I actually have one of the same body modifications as he does.

I know the shock of his / their appearance can be a bit overwhelming,   If you have the time, read about them and their decisions, it is quite interesting.   

Erik Sprague was a doctoral candidate, and he is quite educated...

I'm not saying what he has done to himself is for everybody. or the right thing, but he is quite happy with his appearance.     

http://www.thelizardman.com/

BALDANDRE

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »

I definately agree..until someone does it, they will never understand it's really not just the fact that you don't have any hair on your head...it's so much more....but if they don't understand...

fine by me! ;)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 02:22:12 AM »
Indeed,fine by me too Andre.

You can keep your hair gels and hair straighteners thanks, I'll take my Sly head any time.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »

going on 300 hours of tats myself and (well most out now) but several piercings... to each his own... it's as simple as that. As stated before, "WE" SBG's (guys and gals) are extreme, in certain places in the world. For example, back when I was a Correctional Officer for 6 years, shaving your head bald was considered "extreme" and not allowed for inmates... Just one example. All my best, ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Enter your email address: