Author Topic: FOR those of U with facial hair...  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: FOR those of U with facial hair...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 06:13:28 AM »
I started out without facial hair and it was fine.  I started growing a mustache and goatee in September and now wouldn't think of shaving it off!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »
Between drills, I either keep a Van Dyke or a chinstrap....sometimes for drill I shave the beard but keep the moustache at different widths depending on my mood...Last year overseas I did shave my moustache on four different occasions (twice I was shaping it up and made a mistake and the other two times were for lost bets involving sports 8).
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »
Way back when I first started shaving I had a smooth face. Now I mainly keep some sort of facial hair, it is always changing. Most of the time I grow a stubble beard for a month or so then trim it to a goatee then shave it off after another month and start all over. I dislike how I look with a smooth face, I think it makes me look too young which for now isn't too great

Offline aaronduke

• Bald By Choice and Proud
  • Sly Jr.
  • Blad By Choice and Proud
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »
I have had a beard for over three years now.  I kept it when I first went sly a couple of months ago.  I am starting to go gray in the beard at 31 years old...I decided to go clean shaven a couple of weeks ago to try it out.  I am kinda liking me clean shaven.  I look a little younger!
Bald By Choice and Proud

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
I've been clean shaven at times over the years, but usually bearded (goatee and mustache) over the years.  Longest time with out facial hair was for about two years ending this past September when I started growing what now appears in my avatar.  I'm keepin it for the foreseeable future, maybe for good.

Offline Stewie

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »
Sly and clean Shavin for me. Of course, I'm not allowed facial hair in the service... Well I can have a mustache, but with the strict regulations the Air Force has for mustaches, it's not even worth it. So sly and clean shaved face is the way I go. Although if I could grow facial hair, I'd only grow a soul patch. It's the only kind of facial hair I had and liked having before I joined.
Stewie

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
My upper lip has not seen the sun since 1968.  I sported a full beard from 1978 until 2006.

I shaved my beard off in 1986 - my young kids said I was not their dad; my wife was upset because I shaved, and even my mother told me to grow it back.  My shaved face lasted 2 days.

In 2006, I trimmed the full beard to a Van Dyke.  Since then, it has been back and forth between the full beard and the Van Dyke.  It is a pain to shave around the Van Dyke, so I now have the full beard again.

It seems odd that I hate to shave my face, but enjoy shaving my head.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »
It seems odd that I hate to shave my face, but enjoy shaving my head.

I don't find it odd in the least.   O:O

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »
I started out without facial hair and it was fine.  I started growing a mustache and goatee in September and now wouldn't think of shaving it off!

I am the same, wouldn't think of shaving the Van Dyke now  - -It is part of me  - -and goes well with the BALD DOME.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
I look like a kid in high school if i get rid of what little facial hair I have. The facial hair gives a certain level of toughness to my looks so I will not get rid of it.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
I have always had some form of facial hair since 2005, and my face has not seen the light of day since 2010.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
It's funny. When I have hair, no matter how short, I comfortably go from goatee to full beard to clean shaven without a second thought. It just doesn't matter.

But when I shave my head completely, I hate how I look without at least a goatee. Clean shaven head and face is the ONLY look that makes me feel insecure about my appearance. So I always make sure I have a good goat in place before I go sly.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »
I hate if i trim my beard too short
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:53:26 AM by isleepinthebuff »

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
I like to change beard styles from time to time. Last autumn it was Mr. Clean, now trying the full beard.
Ach du meine Nase!

Slynito

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
Me too, but haven't been Mr. Clean since you wuz a kid.