Author Topic: Your views on bald men / women  (Read 51729 times)

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Your views on bald men / women
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »
G'Day GutsyGirl  :)
If I can answer that for you. "Bloke" is just Aussie slang for a man, dude, fella etc, it is a friendly term.

Hope that helped  O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »
If I can answer that for you. "Bloke" is just Aussie slang for a man, dude, fella etc, it is a friendly term.

Hope that helped  O0

Oz beat me to the point. But it is very much a friendly term  O0

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Sorry there Beardman bloke  ;)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
I love all the Bloke's around this fine board.   ;) O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
They show that they have confidance , and are who they are.  That they aren't ruled by what others think.  No that is not meant to be anything but STYLE ! ;) 8)  Look around !!!!! On TV shows, movies, life in general.   ;) :*))  It busts me up that people and  may I say some that are on the fence !  Duh ,  Bald is the style , and you don't have to be famous or a convict to own it.   :*))

It is a way of life that many of us have done for years  ;) 8)  enjoy it and would not change it  O0

Get the point !  ;) O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
The cheque is in the mail Switchy mate  ;D

Offline Petunia

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:37 PM »
A "Sheila" is either a woman or a police woman?  I forgot.
"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together...Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever".    Winnie the Pooh

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »
A "Sheila" is either a woman or a police woman?  I forgot.

Just a women in general, doesn't have to be a police officer

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Re: Your views on bald men / women
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

Hope that helped  O0

Oz beat me to the point. But it is very much a friendly term  O0

haha thanks much for the explanation!  :D  glad to know now!

Gutsy
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
Its alright as long as you like the look.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »
I've always had a "thing" for bald guys, I think it's just hardwired in me.  No bald guys in my family or anything like that.    My ex isn't sly (despite my best efforts) so it isn't THE thing, but it's definitely a big tick in the plus column.

To wax philosophical, the head is such an important place -- our brains live there, the scalp had a huge number of nerve endings, it doesn't seem like a place you'd want covered up.   

(Yes I know evolution/keeping warm/etc but we're evolved enough to have hats now :) )

I've been totally jealous of guys b/c it is mostly socially acceptable for them to shave and I'm glad I've just decided it is socially acceptable for me now, too.   ;D

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »
Bald shaved heads on a Bloke or a Shelia are just Beautiful, sexy, and shows strength , knowledge, wisdom I need not say more  ;) O0
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 03:30:07 PM »
Bald shaved heads on a Bloke or a Shelia are just Beautiful, sexy, and shows strength , knowledge, wisdom I need not say more  ;) O0

Have to agree. True wisdom is always on here and so is a lot of help O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 12:44:50 AM »

Look out, Switchy has caught the Aussie bug!

It's true though, I've seen some truly stunning sly guys and gals (although I've only seen girls outside of SBG with close buzzes, it's still a gorgeous look)

Have to agree. True wisdom is always on here and so is a lot of help O0

I hear you mate!

benlen

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 05:29:04 AM »
While I like shaving my head and think I look good bald, I think some young guys and women with perfect hair that do the Bald by choice decision is an odd one to me.

Not that I want to be prejudiced, because there is plenty against men who are balding by nature who choose to be sly, but Patrick Stewart put it nicely:

"...Yeah and it was nice for awhile when I saw these shaved heads, but it began to irritate me frankly, you know when somebody has a magnificent head of hair that honestly when I was 19 I would have loved to have had, and they shave it all off, and I feel as if they are infringing upon my territory."

That basically sums it up for me. That said, I'm not going to tell anyone NOT to shave their head, because it is their choice. And it was my choice too to shave my thinning hair, and balding men decide at varying stages in their hair loss. But in my humble opinion i think that, if you've got great hair, go ahead and buzz it, but don't shave it.