Author Topic: Nissan Juke  (Read 6742 times)

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
Re: Nissan Juke
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
I believe they do use a formula to determine if the cost of a recall out weighs the liability damages.  And sometimes, they do a recall for "good will" to show the public they take safety seriously.  I think the good will recalls are usually minimal problems that won't cost them a lot of money to initiate.

I had one of those minimal recalls on my Scion TC for the moonroof deflector.  After I had the car serviced, a box showed up on my doorstep with a model of a Scion TC and an apology for the inconvenience the recall caused.

Do you remember the Ford Pinto exploding gas tank problem?  I think the formula on that one initially said it was more cost effective to pay the liabilities than do the recall but they were wrong!

Slynito

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
Yeah, I remember exploding fuel tanks on the Corvair, the Pinto and GMC/Chevy pick-ups...Ralph Nader, was the one pushing the manufacturers and got on their hit list. GMC, hated him like a red headed stepchild.

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 05:59:40 AM »
Ok dude, man-up, all these posts without a single picture of the new cage??. Get with it.  :)
AKA Gimpy

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 06:24:25 AM »
 :*))  :*))  :*))  :*))

That's funny.  I didn't even think about that because I don't have an account anywhere to link them to.  I'll wait for the frost on it to go away this morning and see what I can do.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
Ok.  I finally figured out how to do this.  The lighting isn't great this time of year and I missed the optimal "sun" time.

Oh.  Wait!  That's my piano.  How did that get there?

I think the piano is a little jealous that my car finally cost more than the piano but the piano is allowed inside the house and it's gonna last a lot longer.  It's outlived 2 cars so far!

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
I like the Juke. However I would never buy a car with an autotragic transmission.
Bald is the new black!

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
It does come in a manual but you can only get that with front wheel drive and I wanted AWD.  My car has the fake manual mode.  I haven't used it because it just seems stupid to me without a clutch.

So far, I love it.  The thing moves and handles better than anything I have ever owned before.  I love the turning radius.  My Scion TC couldn't do a u-turn in the width of a football field and this thing almost turns within it's own radius.  I'm pushing it a little more but still trying to wait for the "1200 mile" break in period according to the manual.  Then I'm puttin' it in sport mode and my gas mileage is gonna go way down  ;)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »
Get the Juke R :)

Enter your email address: