Author Topic: shades  (Read 9365 times)

Offline GBORN

• Sly
Re: shades
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 05:47:17 PM »
I bought a new set of shades when I was in Hawaii.  Today I went to take them off of the visor where I have a clip to store them.  They had a huge scratch on one of the lenses.  I think my wife accidentally scratched them with her ring.  There's $120 down the drain... :'(

That's a bummer!  Also, why I rarely spend more than $20 on sunglasses...I break 'em, scratch 'em, or lose 'em.  :(

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
I but all my Oakleys on e-Bay.  I also have a couple pairs of "cheap sunglasses" as ZZ Top made popular.  Can't have too many peeps!   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline skeeterbill

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 03:17:45 PM »
I thought this might be a hot button pushed. But I I had no idea!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »
Some places that specialize in glasses manufactuering (optomitry clinics) might be able to polish out the scratch, also many company that charge that much for their glasses claim to be scratch resistant..... a huge scratch isn't remotely resisted..... contact the OEM dude.....

just a couple options for you Tyler.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 12:03:46 AM »
Some places that specialize in glasses manufactuering (optomitry clinics) might be able to polish out the scratch, also many company that charge that much for their glasses claim to be scratch resistant..... a huge scratch isn't remotely resisted..... contact the OEM dude.....

just a couple options for you Tyler.

Funny you mention this now.  I just sent them an email this evening asking if they can repair or replace the lens for less than buying a pair of new glasses.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.