Author Topic: Shave or meds?  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Re: Shave or meds?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
I tried to wax my head using some lady leg wax last year. I did it at the end of September with a lot of pain and little result so I tried to let it grow longer like the instructions said. I waited a couple weeks and tried it again and a few hundred hairs came out but it wasn't noticeable. About 4-5 days after doing it for the second time I was washing my scalp which was very sore and looked sunburt I used a scrubber on my head with axe exfoliating body wash and hair was just falling out like crazy. I quickly earned the name 'patches' at work because I had tons of smooth patches that were random sizes/shapes. That was in the middle of October, the hair didnt start to grow back in the patches til early March.
 If you get it waxed successfully it would last a couple few months atleast.

Offline BenV

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 02:33:52 AM »
Did you do the whole head man? Geez, that would be painfull... Did all the hairs come back?

I thought of using the zip wax - heating it up, and doing it like they did to this champ.

http://www.iheartchaos.com/post/815773106/my-ex-brother-in-law-getting-his-head-waxed

Id only need two small strips  :)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 06:29:25 AM »
I checked out the video, looks really painful for me. Great new pic by the way. If you go ahead with your plan, I hope you are satisfied with the result. Best regards.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »
To reiterate what Razor X said before you made your decision--the right one O0--it will take care of itself as part of the balding process.  But, if you go ahead, be sure to keep it very clean, sometimes infections can develop when hair is ripped out by the roots. 

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
It was VERY painful. There was lots of blood seeping through the pores on my scalp. I tried the whole scalp but it just wasnt happening, it thinned it out somewhat though. The hair grew back for the most part but I can still tell where they are because I think some of the follicles were damaged.

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
Glad you kept the sly and it does look good on you. Welcome Ben

Enter your email address: