Author Topic: Bye bye sunscreen, hello BB Cream  (Read 6775 times)

Offline KDusk

• Sly
Bye bye sunscreen, hello BB Cream
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Hey guys!!!

Since I don't want to advertise over here, I'm not going to name any brands, but during my trip to China, I found the perfect solution to ALL of my shaved scalp concerns in just one product: BB Cream (it's a general product name, not a brand).

Most BB Creams are moisturizer, sunscreen and concealer in 1 and I found it the perfect product to protect my head from sun damage AND to minimize the shaving shadow. Unlike self tanner, BB cream does not give you a tan, but it 'adapts' itself to your skintone (to a certain extent of course). Mostly asian women use it on their face instead of make up / moisturizer / sunscreen, but hey, works great on my scalp, too  O0

Last week I saw a BB Cream in Europe, too, so I guess they'll be making their way to the West soon. I just browsed the net and most of them are available already through online retailers (like Amazon). Just type in 'BB Cream' and you'll get an endless list of products.

So of those who are tired of using an army of products on their head, get your BB Cream now (I most certainly smuggled an entire box on the airplane just for myself  ;))

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Bye bye sunscreen, hello BB Cream
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »
KDusk ... great new photo, BTW.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
Sounds like a winner! Does it actually work? If so, I'll try to find some.
Hair is over rated.

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 05:07:55 AM »
@FrontierGuy: Thanks!

@Hingatao: Well, I've found there to be great differences among the creams themselves, it's a trial and error situation since you also have to consider your own skin type. I have quite dry skin, so for me there weren't any problems, but people with oily skin tend to say it makes their skin look even oilier.

Maybe I should have put this in my first post too, but most BB creams have an SPF factor in between 20 and 30, so if you're looking for an SPF 50, the range becomes significantly smaller.

Also, most BB creams are great for fair and light skinned people, but not for darker skin types since they tend to leave a pale / greyish cast (just like with sunscreens that contain zinc oxide or titanium oxide).

Two brands you should look into are SKIN79 and Missha. I personally use SKIN79 VIP GOLD SUPER PLUS and I'm very happy about it, especially since it does a great job covering the shadow on my scalp.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:52:01 AM »
Thanks for the info KDusk. Great new avatar.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
I've been all over the PRC many times and have never heard of, "BB Cream". Does it go by another name perhaps?

???

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
why a blemish balm? to make your dome look pretty and blemish free like the face?

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »
I'm glad you've found a way!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:47 AM »
Is this product good for concealing scalp scars from surgeries?....not that anyone has noticed, and the scars are getting less apparent, but it can't hurt to have a scalp I can be proud to show off....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
Here's a link -->BB Cream Link<-- to a bunch of BB Creams on Amazon.com.  Do you see the one that you are using or similar?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Slynito

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:59 AM »
Thank you for the link, Tyler.

If it's got snail slim and caviar extract it has to be good stuff!

O0

Slynito

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
Well darn if I didn't see an advert on TV today for, "BB Cream" made by Mabellene.

Offline Skinisin

• Learning the way of Sly
  • In Life it's not how you start, but how you finish
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
Kdusk,
Found this BB cream by Loreal at Wal-Mart. Seems to be similar to the cream you were describing, just wondering if anyone else out there has tried it. Also it comes in 2 shades Light and medium just wondering which shade to pick so as not to look to fake.