Author Topic: Where do you keep your Shaving Cream?  (Read 7193 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Where do you keep your Shaving Cream?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Use head slick. It lasts a LONG time.  A $9 bottle (8 ounces) lasted me over 3 months. Don't know that it goes bad.  I shave daily. A little goes a long way. I use a daub about the size of the 'chick pea' each day.  With aerosol, I always seem to get too much out and I waste a lot. Head slick is SLICK.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »
I had been shaving my face with an electric for well over a year before I decided to go sly. I found a random half used can in the back of the bathroom cupboard, must have been there for well over a year, worked just fine!

I have moved on the a shaving cream and brush, seems to work a lot better imo?
Lynchy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
I had been shaving my face with an electric for well over a year before I decided to go sly. I found a random half used can in the back of the bathroom cupboard, must have been there for well over a year, worked just fine!

Yes, Yes! I love the shaving brush....Didn't feel any stubble for about 18 hours! I think I may have sung the praises of the shaving brush in another thread IIRC.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 02:17:48 AM »

Yes, Yes! I love the shaving brush....Didn't feel any stubble for about 18 hours! I think I may have sung the praises of the shaving brush in another thread IIRC.....

Yeah I love it, don't know if it's just a bit of placebo but the shavers just so much better! Plus I love the nostalgia of it. I'm thinking of hitting up the whole DE craze to save some $$$.... Brush was the first step!
Lynchy

Offline SlyAggie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
I just started using DE for the face and I'm loving it...now scrubbing the Internet for good buys on vintage razors.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »
I do like king pf shaves gel on my face , no good forhead though . Nice feeling and smell

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 04:54:17 AM »
I just started using DE for the face and I'm loving it...now scrubbing the Internet for good buys on vintage razors.

Have you tried it on the head yet?
Lynchy

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
I keep a can of Burma Shave in my shower where I do all my shaving. Also, I've got a tube of Bald Guyz gel that I use on my head. I bought both of these before Christmas, shave pretty much everyday and I cannot sense that I'll need replacements any time soon. On my face I use an infinitesimal amount of foam-being in the shower adds moisture and assists the foam and shave with a Merkur razor. My head gets the Bald Guyz and a Gillette Mach 3. I tried the Merkur on my head and, apparently, I need some more OJT in using it on other than basically flat surfaces. And I'll tell you this, no matter what you use, it's impossible to shave a deep dimple with any system. I do think that shaving in the shower adds to the ability of the shaving media as well as the shavers. And, thanks to a tornado, I'm going to get a steam shower. That should make it possible to shave with a bread knife.
BTW...how many of you have seen the video of the guy shaving his head with a meat clever? He gets it as close as possible although as a viewer I had to avert my eyes when he was working around his ears...PJ

Enter your email address: