Author Topic: Exercise, diet, nutrition, etc  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
Exercise, diet, nutrition, etc
« on: May 06, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »
Ok Im trying to rebuild myself after 9 months of doing not alot. Im trying to balance my diet to keep my body fat percentage as low as possible and build muscle ontop on this as well? Or is this just a fantasy and my body fat will have to suffer in order to gain weight.

First things first Im 23, 6ft, about 160lbs. Im guessing my body fat is below 10% since I can see my abs but not as well as I want.

I want to put musle on my legs, chest, arms, so basically everywhere.

For this Im going to

Run(2-3 times a week)
sit ups every morning
push ups every morning/night
lift weights when Im actually home(I work away alot)
I dont like gyms, I like to work out in private so have been thinking about buying a rowing machine

Basically any exericse easily done at home would help, any tips about my current regime and I espeically need advise about my diet

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
Re: Exercise, diet, nutrition, etc
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »
Sounds pretty good. I go to the gym, do weights, stretching for all parts on alternative days, and do 60 min cardio every day of some kind.  Usually rest on Sunday, but if feel like it try and get some extra cardio. Never enough as long as don't over it, feel tired, or injured. So far so good.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »
Ok Im trying to rebuild myself after 9 months of doing not alot. Im trying to balance my diet to keep my body fat percentage as low as possible and build muscle ontop on this as well? Or is this just a fantasy and my body fat will have to suffer in order to gain weight.

First things first Im 23, 6ft, about 160lbs. Im guessing my body fat is below 10% since I can see my abs but not as well as I want.

I want to put musle on my legs, chest, arms, so basically everywhere.

For this Im going to

Run(2-3 times a week)
sit ups every morning
push ups every morning/night
lift weights when Im actually home(I work away alot)
I dont like gyms, I like to work out in private so have been thinking about buying a rowing machine

Basically any exericse easily done at home would help, any tips about my current regime and I espeically need advise about my diet

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm going to recommend the Abs Diet book once again.  Not only will you get the nutritional information you need, but there is an extensive illustrated section on exercise, and it shows you how to adapt the exercises so you can do them at home (primarily with dumbbells).

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
I recommend the ABS Diet also. I think you'll find that running will hurt your ability to build muscle in your legs.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.