Author Topic: Your First Tattoo  (Read 42096 times)

Offline Da_Rev_Juggalo

• Da Rev Is A
  • Sly Jr.
  • Me And My Burm Wraith
    • http://myspace.com/lawman
Re: Your First Tattoo
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 08:21:50 PM »
My First Tat Was My Family Crest My Dumb Self Put It In The Middle Of My Chest Not Knowing How Much It Would Hurt On The Breastbone.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12:13 AM »
My first Tat was a unicorn with flaming mane on my right upper arm.
Of course this was well over 20 years ago. That started me on the road to many more.
I am eventually going to have some recolored and added to.
This is about your first tat, so I won't go on about the others, lol.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 10:59:51 PM »
my first tat is an eagle flying caring a rose

jcroce1994

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »
I wasn't aware of a particular curse when I got my first tat.

I have since been told by a number of people, "Tattooing the name of someone you love is a relationship curse."
Maybe it's true, maybe not, but that's the way it worked for me.

I still love my tat, and I still love Kyle, but we're not together any more.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 08:41:27 PM »
The people who give warning about tattooing the name of your beloved on your body usually have had bad relationship problems in the past.

Needless to say I dont listen to the supposed tattoo expertise or advice of anyone except the tattoo artist.

Everyone is a critic these days.

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »
Everyone is a critic these days.
Isn't that just human nature, JDog! Everyone got's to get their two cents in, especially when it comes to Tats.
My first was a Japanese Koi fish. You can only imagine the remarks I got when my family and friends first saw that!! Like what is that ugly thing??

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 03:11:20 AM »
I wasn't aware of a particular curse when I got my first tat.

I have since been told by a number of people, "Tattooing the name of someone you love is a relationship curse."
Maybe it's true, maybe not, but that's the way it worked for me.

I still love my tat, and I still love Kyle, but we're not together any more.

That's a pretty cool looking tattoo JC. If you don't mind me asking, (& don't feel you need to tell me if you don't want to) I was wondering what the top & bottom lines say?

When I met my partner Gary I already had one small tattoo. He really liked it & decided to get a tattoo as well, then a little while later, we both went & got the same tattoo done of a small celtic man (from The Book Of Kells) .. sort of like our version of a wedding ring I guess. I always meant to get some more done but haven't got round to it ... so far
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

jcroce1994

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »
That's a pretty cool looking tattoo JC. If you don't mind me asking, (& don't feel you need to tell me if you don't want to) I was wondering what the top & bottom lines say?

When I met my partner Gary I already had one small tattoo. He really liked it & decided to get a tattoo as well, then a little while later, we both went & got the same tattoo done of a small celtic man (from The Book Of Kells) .. sort of like our version of a wedding ring I guess. I always meant to get some more done but haven't got round to it ... so far

Sempre nel mio cuore, It's Italian for Always In My Heart.
Non Dimenticar, means never forgotten.

It comes off looking more like a memorial tat, but the guy who did the original tat (Just the name KYLE) did such a lousy job, it couldn't stand alone.  So I had the rest done around it.  The tribal heart, and the inscription were done a few months later.

I LOVE the idea of wedding tats instead of rings.  Tats have such a permanence in this world of disposable things and flexible values.

Maybe the name tat curse is real, maybe not, but the next one I get for someone I love will be something symbolic of them, and not their name. Better not to tempt the fates.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 07:08:51 AM »
My first, unfortunately is still my only. Head of a bald eagle with the American and Rebel Battle flags.

I know what my next one will be, just don't have the money or time currently to get it done.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »
My first tattoo was of 3 small kanji characters which I had done when I was 16, and had covered up last year with a spade relief.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »
My first tat is a bear paw on my shoulder. It was my tat devirgining. I was in a truck stop back when I usaed to drive and It was 3 in the morning and I was not tired and real bored, there was a tat shop next to the stop and I was like "what the hell"

Offline AGENT47

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 05:01:05 PM »
My first ( and as of now only ) tattoo is the UPC barcode across the back of my head. The back of the head is a very painfull place to get a tattoo but I have nothing to compare it to so I dont know if I want to go through that again.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »
My first tattoo was a bat on my upper left shoulder done with a needle and india ink (yeah, stupid) I am planning on getting that one covered up soon.

My second is a skull on my right shoulder.

My third is a bear and a moon on my back  (my wife has a similar tatt that we got on valentines day about 5 years before we were married on valentines day, so it is very significant).

my fourth is the image below, my family badge (I am Scott / Irish) and it covers my entire stomach , and yes it hurt. The words translate to "Sweeter Through Difficulty"

I plan on getting more soon but they can be pricey.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

X The Hierophant

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 03:56:59 PM »
My first tattoo was a Tolkien-based design with the tree of Gondor with seven stars and a crown on my right shoulder.  I plan to have more added and turn it into a half-sleeve once I finish getting my current one worked on ... maybe sometime in 2008...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:00:37 PM by X The Hierophant »

Offline juniorwilhelm

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »
I have 4 tatoos, and one ear piercing,
I was 17 when I got my first tat and it is marvin the martian on my left arm and when it comes to the piercing I intentionaly wear a big hoop just to go with the mr. clean look