Author Topic: Even Women Can Go Bald - News Article  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Even Women Can Go Bald - News Article
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:23:20 AM »
Here's a news article that I came accross today.  You can read the entire article here: http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/living/health/15758914.htm.

Cheryl Brewster was the envy of every gym rat, with her hard body and shoulder-length, sun-kissed locks.

So when her hair began falling out two years ago, the personal trainer was devastated.

"My part was getting wider, I could see more of my scalp and it was no coincidence that clumps of hair were falling out in the shower," said Brewster, 40, of Orinda.

A slew of vitamins and thickening shampoos later, Brewster's dermatologist diagnosed her with female-pattern baldness and started her on Rogaine -- the drug minoxidil -- which initially caused Brewster to shed more hair. It is only recently, after a year of use, that Brewster is seeing regrowth...

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.