Author Topic: Being Young and Bald  (Read 2692 times)

Offline mambo

• Learning the way of Sly
Being Young and Bald
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
I searched the internet for ages looking for some advice on the topic of balding, looking for some miracle cure haha until i found this website really is brilliant btw.

Being bald isn't the end of the world my dudes. I spent ages doing my hair on a morning and tbh i did a pretty good job. However the constant worrying over whether it would fall out of place or whether the wind or rain would mess it up finally got to much so I shaved and became free. You really don't notice how many people out there have shaved heads until you do it yourself funny that  ;D

I had many worries, what would my family say, friends, what'll happen at uni, nights out etc and i'll answer these here for anyone looking for the same answers i did.

Firstly my family weren't too keen, my sister hates it, not to sure about the parents but i'm 20 now and moved out sooo it doesnt matter haha. My nana however seems to love my hair shorter always has haha

Secondly your friends if they're anything like mine will probably rip you for it, but that's the way we are haha if it wasn't for this it would be for something else etc and you've just got to give the banter back and quickly they get used to it.

At Uni i don't think people notice tbh well your average other library goer wont, it's that popular nowadays noone cares

Nights out weirdly i get more attention from females (i did think it was a myth) but the shaved head really does attract females, you stand out and it's all about that peacock theory.

Any worries about headshape you have, please don't. My head isn't perfect by any means, it has it's lumps and it's bumps but thats what makes it mine. Also it's worth asking yourself this would you rather hang out with a shaven headed guy who's happy or someone with hair who's constantly worrying. BE CONFIDENT, people like a confident guy it's a well known fact if your sure in yourself others will be sure about you. You've gotta represent yourself at the end of the day so represent yourself well.

At the end of the day no matter how hard you try to fight it your head and hair is yours, you can't change mother nature in the end so may aswell get yourself and others used to it early doors, so you may aswell love it. I'm 20 btw any questions ask in here and i'll try and get back to it.

Slynito

Re: Being Young and Bald
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
Welcome, Mambo!  O0

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
welcome.
I'm 20 and bald by choice.
bald is beautiful :P
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:31:21 AM »
Very well said Mambo
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:34 AM »
wow, well said. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »
Mother nature created just  so many perfect heads - -the rest she covered with hair  - - -Aren't we all lucky

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL - -enjoy your BALD MELON  - -I sure do enjoy mine

Post a photo when you get a chance

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »
Welcome, Mambo.  Sounds like you did good.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
Welcome.  I sure am glad the look has become popular and your story is great for all the younger guys.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
Welcome.

Very well said mambo.

Offline jumissa.fi

• Finnish B.B.C.
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
Welcome!

23 and Bald By Choice too =) baldĀ“s the best way to go :)

-Jumissa-
--- BBC since July 2oo7 ---

http://www.myspace.com/jumissafi