Author Topic: Is the Headblade really worth it?  (Read 12286 times)

Offline badguy1971

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Is the Headblade really worth it?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
I dig my head blade now... at first I wasnt able to get a good shave on the sides of my head nor around my ears... I started shaving the sides and an ear area while I shave my face at the sink... then HB to finish front to back then back to front in the shower. This method works best for me and has drastically decreased my shower time. I use Gillette Sensor 3 blades off of disposable razors. they work well and are only $3 for 4 blades

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
I use the Headblade every single morning. Never cut myself with it. Once you get used to it and establish a routine you're sold. I have tried different blades on it, HB doubles, Triples, Gillette Vectra and Personna Twin Pivot Plus....but recently I tried the Sensor blades, and that was a huge improvement, so for me it's the HB Sport plus Sensor blades.
I use the old yellow sport but recently purchased the new blackended Sport, haven't tried it yet though.
Many people say they get nicks and cuts, don't know.....what works for me might not work for you, but in order to know I would say TRY IT

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
I've gone back and forth a few times using the HB and not using it.  I'm in a phase where I'm not using it now (even though I have about 10 new 2-blade Sensor Excel carts for it ><).  HB is something I really want to like but can't seem to fully come around to.

It's great for shaving quickly and somewhat close.  I just find that using almost any other 3-5 blade stick razor I can get a much closer and more comfortable shave.  I can shave my whole head bone-close without nicking myself with the HB, but it takes twice as long since you must use very little pressure.

My main gripe is that I can't shave the bottom sides of my head and around my ears well.  I sometimes use the HB for most of my head then "clean up" around my ears and shave my face with an M5, but using two razors for one session seems kind of ridiculous.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:09:52 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »
hate the  blade but  :@` :@` :@`shaving cream that awsome O0 O0

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
The Headblade is one of those things that works very well for some but not for others.  Unfortunately I'm one of the ones who hasn't been able to master.  Personally I think my first experience with it was so poor that I lost my confidence in my ability to use it.  It's still sitting on my shave shelf and I intend to give it another try at some point.  I say try it - and be prepared to either love it or hate it.  Success with it all comes down to your ability to have excellent coordination in your hand to keep the pressure on the rear of it.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Slynito

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 07:07:03 AM »
I agree I think the headslick is fantastic

If'n y'all think that Head Slick is good, wait 'til ya try some, Bald Guyz. Many think it's much more better.

O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
Hey Boxman,
I started out with Headslick, but found it clogged the razor a bit too easily. I love the protection it provides and the fact it lathers up very well.
I then started using Bald Guyz...liked the fact it didn't clog the razor as much as Headslick, but it didn't provide the protection I like, nor does it lather up the way Headslick does.

My solution? Combine them into a single bottle! It's the best of both worlds.
I've been doing this for about 3 years now and love it!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »
If it works for you, fine.  But...

On the other hand, my long-time philosophy is that whatever you like (and I like simple and cheap) and produces an acceptably smooth dome is OK.

As Voltaire said (I translate), "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."  Come ON!  It's only hair, and whatever works well enough is sufficient for the task.  Ming doubts that anyone takes a micrometer to another's scalp and says, "Hey! These hairs are a hundredth of a millimeter longer than they should be!  How can you put up with that situation?"  Ming says, "Easily."

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »
I am on my 5th year of using HeadBlade, and it hasn't let me down yet.  The only bloodletting I've experienced has been due to either rushing it or just being stupid.  I use the Sensor adapter with Excel blades, which are the same blades I use for my face.  I've also found that I can extend the life of my HB chassis by buying extra adapters from HB, though I usually wait until I need to order something else from them so I can save on shipping.  I haven't had a chance to try out the "new" Sport, but I have 2 of the original Sports and the first one I ever bought, which was a Classic.  I also use HeadSlick, which has been a shaving Godsend.

As always, this is just one man's story, and your mileage may vary.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
The Headblade is one of those things that works very well for some but not for others.  Unfortunately I'm one of the ones who hasn't been able to master.  Personally I think my first experience with it was so poor that I lost my confidence in my ability to use it.  It's still sitting on my shave shelf and I intend to give it another try at some point.  I say try it - and be prepared to either love it or hate it.  Success with it all comes down to your ability to have excellent coordination in your hand to keep the pressure on the rear of it.

I agree with you  - - -I have had a problem with HB but will try it again and hope it will shave better

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Yes, it is worth it and then some. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine. I've been using it for four years now, and have had no problems at all.  The new Sport is an improvement on what was already a good product, best of all was the use of rubber on the finger ring. It really makes a difference.   O0

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 07:24:20 AM »
Check out Rayzorblade.com, lots of unhappy HB users are making the switch.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
twithout mine wihe headblade is my tool of choice. paired up with the gillette sensor blades [ triple or double] gives a bone close shave, could not live without mine[ along with my sat nav kindle and wife] O0 O00

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
Tried it and wasn't impressed. The only blades that work are ones that were outdated years ago. I use a Schick Hydro 5 and Baldguyz  clear shave gel. Top it off with their clear gel aftershave. I buy my blades online for much less that the store prices too. Nothing beats the Hydro.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa