Author Topic: Goatee or No?  (Read 16444 times)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: Re: Goatee or No?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
Remember just 20 minutes to sly, a mature beard--3 months MINIMUM, and one month before any trimming so you can really see what's your best shape.  Beards are patience.  

You touch on an interesting point. Going sly is instant gratification. Growing a goatee takes time.

Nearly a week of not shaving facial hair. It's really rather itchy now. Oh, the temptation to shave it all of.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:49:13 AM by Mr Jules »

Offline robert07

• Learning the way of Sly
    • indyacars
Re: Goatee or No?
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
I wud love to have them...:)

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
I think you look better w/the goatee, not that you don't look good w/o it. I used to wear a mustache/goatee for the longest time, but then all my facial hair went grey -now only sporting a 'soul patch' sans the mustache. 

Tom

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
I like it

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
Long story short, do what you think looks best bud.   You look fine either way.  O0

I went years with out, busted my chin and got stitches which lead to years of a goat.  As it greyed I cut it shorter and shorter (yes, still fighting the vainity a bit).  Shaved it off in December, had mixed reviews.  I'm not sure where I'll land in the end but I think for now it's staying off. 

Offline Artisan6

• Squire of Sly
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Steve
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
If it's bald on top, have to have some hair on the chin.  :-)>   

In my biased opinion, lol.

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 08:22:52 PM »
Goatee for sure!
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2023, 12:16:04 PM »
I think it was just too many guys with a shaved head and goatee there are even memes about it on YouTube but how if you shave your head you MUST grow a goatee!

Personally I like to see you guys to go against the norm and resist that.  I like to see a guy with a completely clean-shaven head and face or another one what you don’t see very often is a clean-shaven head and face with just a mustache! - the “just a mustache” look is way cool!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2023, 12:52:03 PM »
I've had a full beard or goatee since I was in m 20's. I've got a bit of a weak chin, so a goatee helps balance my face. I shaved the beard and mustache when the pandemic was in full force, and I thought it looked terrible. I was disappointed because like you @Semi-Sly , I like the clean shaven head and face look. I think I might try just a mustache this winter and see how that looks. I also thought about trying no mustache, and just a goatee. I usually grow the full beard in the winter, so whatever I shave off, I can always start over!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say, when I see another sly guy with a white goatee, (and there are ALOT of us) I sometimes go up to them and say "wow, it's like looking in a mirror".

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2023, 08:32:58 PM »
I had a goatee with my shaved head for a long time. In the early 2000s it was such a standard look. I went clean shaven which I loved but I don’t think it’s my best look. I typically just wear a closely trimmed beard. When I go clean shaven I end up back with a beard. When I just do a mustache I end up back with a beard. A couple years ago I did the goatee again but a longer fuller version and ended up back with a beard.

Like reddog I have a weak chin and the beard fills it out.

it’s fun to try different facial hair styles though.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2023, 11:15:15 AM »
I had a goatee with my shaved head for a long time. In the early 2000s it was such a standard look. I went clean shaven which I loved but I don’t think it’s my best look. I typically just wear a closely trimmed beard. When I go clean shaven I end up back with a beard. When I just do a mustache I end up back with a beard. A couple years ago I did the goatee again but a longer fuller version and ended up back with a beard.

Like reddog I have a weak chin and the beard fills it out.

it’s fun to try different facial hair styles though.

I disagree with your razor head.  I do not think that you have a weekend at all!

But I think it’s cool that you like to change up your style I do the same sometimes a full beard, sometimes just a mustache and a soul patch, And lately the friendly mutton chops!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2023, 07:48:43 PM »
I've had a full beard or goatee since I was in m 20's. I've got a bit of a weak chin, so a goatee helps balance my face. I shaved the beard and mustache when the pandemic was in full force, and I thought it looked terrible. I was disappointed because like you @Semi-Sly , I like the clean shaven head and face look. I think I might try just a mustache this winter and see how that looks. I also thought about trying no mustache, and just a goatee. I usually grow the full beard in the winter, so whatever I shave off, I can always start over!

Here’s a thought.  Before shaving off the entire goatee and leaving only a mustache why don’t you try shaving off the sides of the goatee and leaving the Van Dyke portion in the middle?  If you don’t like it it’s a quick fix to shave it off and just keep the mustache I think you look cool with a shaved head and just a mustache!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2023, 05:37:14 AM »
@Semi-Sly , I've actually thought about doing a van dyke style trim! That's A great idea, if I decide to go for just a mustache, I'll try it. I'm going trim my mustache less now. I would love to try a handlebar stache. I think they look cool with a shaved head.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2023, 10:48:56 AM »
@Semi-Sly i think you meant to say weak chin and not weekend. Lol. Thanks for the positive feedback.

After reading these posts I’m now itching to try something new. I like this style below. It’s like an extended goatee.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 10:51:43 AM by Razorhead »