Confidence and Success > How To Be Successful

Positive Mental Attitude Literature

(1/2) > >>

Arnie:
Hey my SLY brethren and sistren...

I've come across scattered threads on good PMA books, but what about a thread dedicated to such?

In retirement, I've started to read more and more and more, typically reading an hour or two a day.  That results in completing a book or two a week.

What PMA books do you recommend and why?

Sly Red:
I listen to a lot of audio books, as well as read paper books.  I recently listened to The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama.

I recommend it.

Red

Mikekoz13:
A book that I read many years ago as a young man. It was handed to me by a much older Friend at a terrible time in my life.
That book changed my life.

The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale

I carried that ragged old paperback around with me for years. Then years later I had a Friend that was at a bad time in his life. I simply handed him my book and said, "This will change your life.... please read it and then one day pass it to a Friend in need."

buddha:
I don't even know if this is still in print. Years ago I was in a relationship with a woman who was bound and determined to drag me over the sharpest rocks she could find. I won't go into further details because it could result in a book of its own. But a friend of mine at that time recommended I'm OK, You're OK. I read that little piece of psychological gold in one night and woke up the next morning and I knew what I had to do. And because of what I had learned I was able to do it. At that time in my life it was the key.

Tyler:
To be or not be intimidated.  That is the question by Robert Ringer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version