Author Topic: Slasher!  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Slasher!
« on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »
I came back to Sly and immediately cut a significant divot from the dome with my razor.  Yes, yes: I know, "Practice makes perfect," but the dome has only so much resiliance.  I have been (off and on) Sly for a quarter of a century, and am only generally adept at slickwork.

So, there have been times when I had to let the wounds heal. It seems to be taking longer (no surprise?) as I move into "old fart" territory.  Anyone else  in the realm of "the sixties" find this to be the case?

At moment I've set the blade aside and have found myself back to only "no guard" on clippers.  The wound, almost a week beyond its affliction, is still too sensitive for a razor.  That means, "Who needs the blood?"

Anyone shedding razor for clippers on occasion?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Slasher!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
I occasionally opt for the Panasonic Linear when I have sustained a wound. No shame in that.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:37:37 PM »
Same here.

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »
I occasionally opt for the Panasonic Linear when I have sustained a wound. No shame in that.

Excellent idea!

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »
I shave with a Fusion a few days a week & a Remington Foil on the other days. I never cut myself but my head & face are lubed well with shaving oil & cream. I remember when I first went sly that the skin on the top of my head was very tender. Took a few months for it to toughen up.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
I have used both myself.