Author Topic: nick  (Read 5381 times)

Offline GBORN

• Sly
nick
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:42:37 AM »
Does anyone use a cover-up (dare I say use make-up) to hide a nick.  I had been doing so well shaving, but got hurried this morning and nicked myself a pretty good on my forhead about where the hairline would start.

Will probably be fine tomorrow...any suggestions.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Re: nick
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:47:45 AM »
nobody notices from my experience.   I tend to just use neosporin for a couple days and it heals on its own.   and rarely does one bleed in my case.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:43:13 AM by David »
bald for life

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:21:51 AM »
 O0 Hello, GBorn: A couple of months ago, Medic, I think, suggested spray Afrin to stop the bleeding immediately. I rarely nick myself, but, when I did, I tried it and it worked better than a styptic pencil, which stings sharply for a while. Hope this helps. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:02:31 AM »
I usually don't worry much about the small nicks myself. Hardly anyone notices and I keep on shaving, but might go around the area for a couple days. Sometimes I get really bad nicks around the ears, from hurrying as you mentioned. Could be from my HB or the Mach 3.
All in all, I don't do much about them, but that's me.............
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:07:21 AM »
Just nicked myself twice this morning being in a rush.  Though the stiptic pencil does sting it stops the bleeding fast for me and does not leave any noticable mark afterwards.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
Though the stiptic pencil does sting it stops the bleeding fast for me and does not leave any noticable mark afterwards.

Professor also mentioned stiptic pencil.  What is this and where can I get one...Walgreens, Target?

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »
I sliced myself just above my ear and tried to stop the bleeding with a styptic stick, pressure, neosporin ointment, and tissue paper but the wound continued to drip blood. Straight hydrogen peroxide applied to the cut stopped the bleeding instantly and sealed it off.

Someone at work the other day mentioned the product- My Nik is Sealed. Bought it at Walgreens for under $5, but haven't use it yet. It's a clear roll-on that supposed to quickly stop the bleeding from shaving cuts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:56:01 AM by Rafter »

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »
i use "liquid bandages"..pretty damn expensive though..but it works like a charm...its like a super glue
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 10:12:48 AM »
Yesterday I gave myself a minor nick on the top of my ear due to not paying attention.  It didn't hurt, and I moved on.  When I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror, there was blood down the side of my face.  Little buggers sure bleed a lot.  And they heal so fast that you don't see them the next day.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I usually don't do anything with small nicks, and I try to avoid doing anything stupid enough to cause major damage.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »
Though the stiptic pencil does sting it stops the bleeding fast for me and does not leave any noticable mark afterwards.

Professor also mentioned stiptic pencil.  What is this and where can I get one...Walgreens, Target?

They should have them.  It looks like a piece of white chalk.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »
I nicked myself pretty good twice on the head during the same shave. One of them wasn't too bad, but the other one was right on the side of one of those bumps on the head that some people get. It bled off and on throughout the day. The skin was so tight in that spot that it was hard to keep it together enough to close up. I ended up using some "Nu Skin" which is like the liquid bandages but is in a small spray can. Haven't had another one since (I did get the bump cut out - it's actually a small cyst that grows under skin).

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:46 PM »
Liguid Bandage works great for the bad cuts. Tiny nicks I leave alone or use Visine.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
I have a weird bump on the top of my head sometimes i slice that off and it bleeds badly i toss a band-aid on it and say i'm pulling a nelly.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
I just rock the Bandizi [Bandana] under the Hat look.  Looks solid with a Military Style Cap, add some SunGlasses and its a HardCore look, and it hides the nics easily.
Peace