Author Topic: 10th Day since removing hairpiece and shaving head. Having doubts.  (Read 19665 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 10th Day since removing hairpiece and shaving head. Having doubts.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

Also, it has to be said that I dont think I've ever seen a young guy here wearing a wig (or whatever they should be called). It could be that they're wearing the most fabulous wigs ever made, but somehow I doubt it. When people on the site talk about hair pieces and hairsystem, it goes way above my head (pardon the pun!) because they are unknown here as far as I know, or at least, generally unused. The only thing I know of thats fairly common(ish) is a product called Regaine (which I think is Rogaine in America?), but even that isnt used by too many people.

So this whole phenomenon is fascinating to me, because unless I've been living in a cave, people here just dont have that option, or they dont go for it. I'm sure some probably do, but here, to see a young guy of 20 or 30 with a wig would be virtually unheard of.

I think the whole hair replacement thing is pretty much an American phenomenon.  People in other countries seem to handle the whole hair loss thing a lot better than we do.   :)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »
Maybe, or perhaps we just dont have the same amount of companies trying to sell this type of thing to us. Who knows.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Hey GSGUK.  I find nothing in your post to be critical of.  You were just asking a question about differnent cultures.  I certainly was not offended.  It was simply an exhange of dialogue between two adults.  Trust me, no offense taken.  I think open dialogue is good and probably most people on here agree.
 O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
The hair replacement industry is alive and well in Australia with bombardment of ads from companies like Ashley & Martin and Lemo.  They have even lined up some high profile sportsmen (in Australia cricketers including Shane Warne and Doug Bollinger) to spruik their benefits.  It's sad how they prey on insecurities.

Fortunately there are many, many men now shaving their heads and it is very common for all ages and all walks of life.  I was helping at a charity stall yesterday and the number of men with shaved or clippered heads was about 10-20% and it was easy to banter with them.

You look good shaved and I would suggest sticking with it to get used to your new look.
Roger

Offline badmadt

• Sly Guy in Training
  • SLY FOR LIFE
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
hi there!! you dont need the hair system you look ok and natural !!i start to shave my hair 4 mounths ago(i am 28 years)  and never look back!!
good luck!!

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »
Stick around here, daily if you need to, and let us allay your doubts 😄😄

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »
Day 17 of Freedom from the HCM RAT!   Loving every second of it!  The pro comments far outweigh the one or two negatives I've gotten, and even the negatives were more in a joking spirit.

Dont ever regret this!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
I heard somewhere once, in connection with starting a fitness regimen, is that it takes the human brain 28 days to instill a habit. I think that it was rounded to 30 days for expediency. When a person starts a fitness program it takes 28 days for it to become an integral part of their life. Once that period is completed it would seem odd and an inconvenience to NOT go to the gym rather than the other way around.
So I think it is the same with BBC. If a person who has become dependent on the rug decides to shave their head it takes that period of time to make that a habit. For the sake of self-examination, how long did it take to get used to the maintainence and upkeep of the hairpiece? I don't know that that question needs to be answered here so much as it needs to be answered while looking in the mirror.
I would say to try to complete the 30 days just so you can operate from a less biased point of view. I think that the hair replacement companies depend on this culture's men's lack of confidence to keep their users on the hook. So it takes some intestinal fortitude to break that bond and get on with a natural life.
If all else fails examine your financial outlay on a monthly basis for the rug and rug-based expenses and imagine what you could be doing with all that extra scratch.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
and it is a whole big pile of SCRATCH too!   (I calculated it out at savings about $450 every month!)   

Slynito

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
and it is a whole big pile of SCRATCH too!   (I calculated it out at savings about $450 every month!)   

$450 a month, wow! he should be happier than a puppy with two peters to save that much money.

!B@

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »
Check out this thread to know what that $450 a month will be worth in 40 years!....http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16035.0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »
Check out this thread to know what that $450 a month will be worth in 40 years!....http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16035.0
good to know :P
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

Wow!! How many bills can be paid and possible investments and savings options can be made now?
Good choice shrugged.  O0