Author Topic: Feeling Very Down.. Looking like sh$!t  (Read 18442 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Feeling Very Down.. Looking like sh$!t
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
It simply boggles my mind that someone who is so classically handsome can have a self image problem. Buck up dude -- it's all what's in your head, not what's on your head.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
It simply boggles my mind that someone who is so classically handsome can have a self image problem. Buck up dude -- it's all what's in your head, not what's on your head.

I agree. You look great. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I can understand the not being sure about whether you like it; it's normal to feel that way.  I know I did.  But the fact that you've returned to the shaved look should tell you something.  I went back and forth a number of times before it finally dawned on me that I kept going back to the shaved head for a reason.    !d3@
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:37:31 PM by Razor X »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
You need to man up abit, you look great

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
With a head and a face like yours, insecurity should be the least on your mind.  O0
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 10:02:32 PM »
So I did it again. Still feel very insecure about it. Not sure if I like it or not. I'm pretty depressed.
please....please.... seek professional help.  there is nothing we can say or do 2 help with your "depression".  i know that u will greatly benefit seeing a professional.  don't get offended with my suggestions.  i strongly feel that u must seek professional help asap.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Slynito

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »
Sly Bear, nailed it! You are a good looking man and shaved looks great on you.

O0

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
OH.... Now that I see the current picture, I have to stand by my original comment.  You look great with the bald head. 8)

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
You look great bald.  8)

As others have mentioned it's all in your head. Since you had hair on your head your whole life this is a change. Change is good.

Best of luck!!

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
So I did it again. Still feel very insecure about it. Not sure if I like it or not. I'm pretty depressed.

Now I am quite sure that being bald cannot possibly be a reason for you to be depressed. You can believe me - and the others -, you look damn good!

Though I see that it might be hard for you to believe. In a depressed state of mind, you can be convinced "I am ugly", "I am stupid", "no-one likes me", even if in reality, you could be very popular and successful. I know from experience that in a severely depressed episode, one can find ANYTHING a good reason for feeling bad about theirselves. In your case: I think if you let your hair grow out again, you would probably feel miserable because "your hair looks ugly", or anything. Depression is like this.

Have you read any help-for-selfhelp guides online? There are many good and clever sites whoch are worth to read and practice!

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
It is not really the front of my head that I am concerned with but how I look at other angles, specifically the profile. I am really self conscious about it and hate to say but it ain't pretty. I feel more confident straight on then when people view me from the sides. Have a look and see!

And you say you are unsatisfied? Dammit, you remind me of a prince from the ancient Egypt! Honestly.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »
Well, unless you can find a way to always have the rest of the world look at you only from the front, you're going to have to do what the rest of us do: live with it!  You look fine, so don't worry about it.

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 11:43:54 AM »
You look fine from the front and sides both.  Handsome, in fact.  So listen to what Warhawk said.  You seem generally depressed and that is something that can be dealt with professionally, but not really by the people on this Board.

Having said that, I hope you stay on the Board, post often and begin to really enjoy being SLY.

Offline sanctified

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »
I'm so angry.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:32:51 PM by underdog2 »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
Bald men with pointy heads are told that they can't pull the look.

Who, other than you, ever said that?  And, you don't have a "pointy" head on the outside--it's only that way inside your head. 

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
Underdog2, you rock the bald-look. Be confident, mate. Straighten up those shoulders, lift up your chin and walk confidently, boy! You honestly have nothing to worry about. Try keeping to the 30-day rule on this site. It will really help you. It really helped me & the guys here will really encourage you.

Best wishes,

Bilko
BaldBill