Author Topic: Question about head shape...  (Read 5350 times)

Offline beanerdawg

• Sly Guy in Training
Question about head shape...
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »
So, I'm not ready to go full on sly, but soon I'll be buzzing it close.

When I was 18 I shaved my head with no guard and don't remember my head looking too bad from straight on. However, someone mentioned a few years back that I have "kobe" head. Apparently My skull is large towards the back...is  this a bad thing??? I'm also not tall. 5' 7" and skinny... 125. Would I look horrible?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Question about head shape...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
Would I look horrible?
Probably somewhat better than a guy like you with mpb, and all the balding look that is involved with--accept it, you're going to be bald--control it or live with a horseshoe or bozo ring--it's really just that simple.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:42:41 AM by saintc »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Hey,

I'm sure it will look great no matter what! all heads are different....you will get used to it.

for some insperation see http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=5132.0

Good luck....

make sure you post some opics when youve done the deed, so to speak  8)
Lynchy

Offline AJB1015

• Sly Jr.
  • Somewhere in between BBC and BBG (bald by genes)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »
sticking out in the back is normal, its better than being totally flat IMHO. don't worry about the shape, theres basically no such thing as a truly "bad" head shape.

Offline AJB1015

• Sly Jr.
  • Somewhere in between BBC and BBG (bald by genes)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
also kobe bryant's head looks better than average, you should have taken that as a compliment

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:03 AM »
sticking out in the back is normal, its better than being totally flat IMHO. don't worry about the shape, theres basically no such thing as a truly "bad" head shape.

I think  Ascher is  right  and   no  shape  is wrong . The key thing is  routine   , keep hearing about OCD   but its  just habit  to look after your self and loo your best 

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »

The back of my head is more on the flat side, I agree with Ascher, a bald head that is sticking out at the back looks sexier.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
My head extends slightly towards the back....I'm cool with that but I'm a little jealous of those with the rolls/crimps/wrinkles at the base of the back of the neck....I always thought it would be cool to have one, but I wasn't blessed to have one...oh well, be thankful for what you have!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »
I think what most of us are looking for is a "natural" look that we own.  One that looks like it belongs on our shoulders. 
That having been said, a perfectly round head would look as natural as a giant light bulb.
My head has some dimples in front ahead of my temples.  I used to think about it a lot.  Not so much anymore. 

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »
Probably somewhat better than a guy like you with mpb, and all the balding look that is involved with--accept it, you're going to be bald--control it or live with a horseshoe or bozo ring--it's really just that simple.
Couldn't agree more. Well put.

beanerdawg, the only way you would look horrible is if you weren't holding your shaved/buzzed head up high. Gotta have confidence with yourself. Every head is different. Don't take the kobe comment personally. It was most likely just a thoughtless observation that particular person was making. Go for it, dude. Be who you want to be.  O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Tg96

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
Kobe has a good head shape. And alot of bald guys have similar head shapes like that, me included.

Offline Reddas

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
So, I'm not ready to go full on sly, but soon I'll be buzzing it close.

When I was 18 I shaved my head with no guard and don't remember my head looking too bad from straight on. However, someone mentioned a few years back that I have "kobe" head. Apparently My skull is large towards the back...is  this a bad thing??? I'm also not tall. 5' 7" and skinny... 125. Would I look horrible?

I'm 5' 8" and 165lbs.
If your balding is bad, then it's best to shave it all off.

I would recommend hitting the gym also, and add some weight to your light frame.

Find a work-out routine like www.stronglifts.com, or something like that.