Author Topic: hi  (Read 4075 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: hi
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
Welcome, hope you enjoy the site.  

I cropped my hair very short this afternoon and I was quite happy about it until my betrothed told me I look like a furry grapefruit. I am going to persevere though. I am not a selfish man but this is something I need to do for me.

Betrothed already trying to rule the roost ;D.  But you're on the right track, sly is what the 24/7 guy does if it makes him feel better or helps put the loss of hair in the proper perspective.  If you like it, she'll learn to live with, or is it without, it.  

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
No offense at all, john.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
Betrothed already trying to rule the roost Grin.  But you're on the right track, sly is what the 24/7 guy does if it makes him feel better or helps put the loss of hair in the proper perspective.  If you like it, she'll learn to live with, or is it without, it. 

I doubt it, they're in the process of separating (the step before divorce). Check out his opening post again ;)

I thought you didn't have any BALD friends

Bald, like you, me and most of the other people on this site? No, I dont. Not in the UK anyway. John doesnt fall into the same category as most of us, as far as his head goes, because he hasnt yet taken the plunge. Apart from once, but he let it grow back, and now he's trying hard to get to the same level of baldness as most of the guys on the site.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 01:48:22 PM »
I doubt it, they're in the process of separating (the step before divorce). Check out his opening post again ;)
Sorry, its the GB Shaw thing again, State side, betrothed is generally the equivalent of engaged, so I assumed that while he was separating he had already found another soul mate and was moving on with life.  Divided by a common language-- >:(  No offense intended.  But it seems to me if his soon to be separated spouse is offended and spoke offensively, didn't someone tell her that the train had left the station and no one was listening to her anymore? :/O

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
Sorry, its the GB Shaw thing again, State side, betrothed is generally the equivalent of engaged, so I assumed that while he was separating he had already found another soul mate and was moving on with life.  Divided by a common language-- >:(  No offense intended.  But it seems to me if his soon to be separated spouse is offended and spoke offensively, didn't someone tell her that the train had left the station and no one was listening to her anymore? :/O

He has always called her 'his betrothed', partly because I dont think it ever really sunk in that he actually did marry her. The word has the same meaning here as it does there.

I dont want to comment too much, I'm sure he'll fill you in at some point, but she's quite an abusive woman in many ways. She's put him through a lot of stuff, both publicly and privately, and although I dont believe any of us are whiter-than-white angels, I do know he didnt deserve even 1% of it.

Offline ukjohn62

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »
Hi again everyone

saintc, thanks for your comment

When my wife and I were married, many years ago, I was convinced I had found a partner for life, but as is normal in life, we both went through some changes over time, but in our case, the changes were very large.

We both acknowledge that we are no longer compatible in any way you can think of,  and certainly not in any of the ways a married couple should be compatible. We have tried different types of counselling (at my request), but the differences cannot be overcome. We have gone our own ways emotionally and sexually, and we live under the same roof for practical reasons. If you have ever seen 'The War of the Roses', then our house is a little like that, but thankfully not as violent.

Regarding my baldness, I have shaved my head completely bald four times. I dont have very much hair, so the change might not have been very big for others to see but for me, shaving my head felt like taking control of my life. It felt as if someone had inserted some batteries into me, and pushed the switch which brought me to life.  However, some very negative comments from my wife stopped me in my tracks, and now I am having a difficult time taking control again.

I am definitely a man rather than a mouse. I am strong willed, as well as physically strong, but there is something about the head shaving issue which is causing me some difficulty. I admire men like Andy and all of you who feel passionate about this issue. I have looked at many of your pictures, and I admire the way you all look, in particular those of you who are bald by choice, because I think  you are making a very bold and positive statement, which not only supports and respects men like me who arent bald by choice, but you are making a very grand statement about yourselves. There are some very good looking men on this site, and I aspire to be like many of you, and in time I'm certain it will happen.

Thanks again for your words of welcome, I appreciate it. I wont be here tomorrow, I am taking my son to a military event in Wales, so I hope you all have a good day.

John.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
Well you know what I think. I think you can do a lot better, both maritally and folically.

Im sure the guys here will help you with the bald thing, and you know I will too.