Author Topic: Faceblade by Headblade  (Read 6671 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Faceblade by Headblade
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:09 AM »
Hi, I have seen some reviews about the Faceblade but non recent. I'd like to know if you use it and what you think about it. I shave my face max 3 times a week and use a disposable razor, it lasts for 3 or 4 shaves. The way the Faceblade folds seems to make it an interesting kit for those of us who travel frequently, but is it for everyday use?
Thanks

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Faceblade by Headblade
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »
I have a couple that I got with triple blade sets. I started using one and the neck snapped off and the head and cart fell on the floor. But while I was using it it seemed that the blades were at an odd angle, difficult to explain. I didn't get a good shave at all and a fair amount of irritation compared to the M5.
P. S.: Not at all on topic but this is my 1,000th post.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »
I've never heard of Faceblade but if its anything like Headblade, I will be avoiding it like the plague

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:33 AM »

Congrats buddah!

The FaceBlade is basically a fold-up travel razor but it isn't like the HeadBlade exactly. The blades can be stored in the handle/base of the razor as well. I'd assume that it can use any cartridge that the regular HeadBlade can.

While I havent used it myself, it looks like it would be better used as a travel razor than a day-to-day razor.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:14:15 AM by |Doug| »
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Congrats buddha, but I don't think there are any monetary awards being given out. ;D
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
I'm having trouble understanding the concept of a "travel razor".  An ordinary razor isn't exactly too big and cumbersome to bring along on trips.    ??? ???

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »

Congratulations Buddha! I haven't heard any rave reviews...my Fusion and Panny like to travel just fine.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »
Congrats buddha, but I don't think there are any monetary awards being given out. ;D

Hey man, I don't do this for the money. I do it for the glory!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 07:06:05 AM »
I got a Faceblade about a year ago and I use it everyday.  I use the Custom Plus 3 blades like I do on the HB sport.  While it's sold as a travel razor that folds, it's really just a gadget.  The angle is different than other razors, and so is the grip.  It may take a little getting used to.  The head is a bit bulky because of the adapter etc.   The handle has a compartment for a yellow adapter and a extra HB blade.  Like mentioned above, the construction is not very robust, but its OK.  If you don't mind taking a $7.00 chance while ordering other HB stuff you may like it.  Hope this helps.
Congrats Buddah on 1000 posts!

Offline emolient

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »
The adapters that the Face- and HeadBlades require were originally designed to enable the use of Atra cartridges (aka Contour; the first of Gillette's flexible head systems) on Trac II handles (aka GII; their initial fixed-head multiblade design). A similar adapter was also provided for the Sensor cartridges, which was the next generation after Atra. Both work quite well on the HeadBlade (which does not accept Trac II cartidges) but are generally less successful on a Trac II handle.

The FaceBlade is nothing more than a foldable Trac II handle -- and a pretty flimsy one at that. Purpose-designed handles are available for both the Atra and Sensor cartridges and are far superior to the Trac II handle with an adapter. Short travel handles are available for the more recent Gillette cartridges (MachIII and Fusion), so unless foldability is an overriding concern, there is nothing to be gained with a FaceBlade.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:31:44 AM by emolient »

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »
I am a re-born Headblade Sport man.  The Schick Ultra Plus blades (double blade) are cheap and work brilliantly on my sump.  I would not even consider the FaceBlade.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."