Author Topic: Cuban cigars (totally off topic)  (Read 24043 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Cuban cigars (totally off topic)
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
From my experience waking up the next morning after smoking a (1)standard cigar or cigarette versus a (2)Cuban cigar...

(1) Yuck, what is that disgusting taste in my mouth...how can people get addicted to this crap?  !*u%e

(2) Mmmmm...I don't even want to brush my teeth this tastes so good, where can I get another one of these?  `dr**l

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Yeah but dont forget you can buy cigars that are made from Cuban products, but not actually made in Cuba, so technically they're Cuban without being Cuban :)

Slynito

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
What ever blows your dress up!

:popo :popo :popo

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
Well I'd look awful in a dress :D :D

I like cigars. I always have done, but its not a constant thing for me. And I certainly wouldnt pay the inflated price for something Cuban.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:52 PM »
Yeah but dont forget you can buy cigars that are made from Cuban products, but not actually made in Cuba, so technically they're Cuban without being Cuban :)
Closest I've seen is the Cohiba, but not every version they offer.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:26 AM »
I enjoy a cigar on occasion, but haven't had a "real" Cuban cigar.

I remember years ago that Amsterdam airports wouldn't sell duty-free Cuban cigars to American passport holders or ticket holders because of the embargo.

Slynito

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
In fact Cuban cigars are made exclusively from Cuban grown leaves grown mostly in Pinar del Rio. There have been seeds stolen by x-Cubans in Miami to grow in Honduras and also the DR. But they lack the mildness and flavor of a Cuban. There's no substitute for the real rope.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 05:49:27 AM »
The embargo against Cuba is just so much political claptrap.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 05:54:28 AM »
In fact Cuban cigars are made exclusively from Cuban grown leaves grown mostly in Pinar del Rio. There have been seeds stolen by x-Cubans in Miami to grow in Honduras and also the DR. But they lack the mildness and flavor of a Cuban. There's no substitute for the real rope.

I've had a few Fuentes from the DR that were pretty darn good.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »
I agree that the embargo is senseless at this point.  After 50 years, it hasn't ended Castro's regime. So it's outlived it's purpose.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »
Agreed. It's only purpose from the beginning was to make sure you had the vote of the right wing Cubans from South Florida. Quite a considerable block of votes.

Slynito

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 06:13:21 AM »
Arturo Fuente cigars are excellent imho. They were made with Cuban tobacco until the economic blockade by the US prohibited it. They have a long history and have been located in several American nations. Many moves were caused by fires in their factories. The rich and powerful Miami Cubans keep the embargo in force. They make millions of tax payer's dollars keeping it going and they dream in vain of getting their plantations back along with their slaves to run them.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »
I agree that the embargo is senseless at this point.  After 50 years, it hasn't ended Castro's regime. So it's outlived it's purpose.

Its not just senseless. Its also cruel. The embargo didnt change achieve its objectives, but America's virtual stranglehold on Cuba has seriously affected the quality of life of millions of ordinary Cubans.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 06:20:56 AM »
Arturo Fuente cigars are excellent imho. They were made with Cuban tobacco until the economic blockade by the US prohibited it. They have a long history and have been located in several American nations. Many moves were caused by fires in their factories. The rich and powerful Miami Cubans keep the embargo in force. They make millions of tax payer's dollars keeping it going and they dream in vain of getting their plantations back along with their slaves to run them.

I agree with you.

And the Fuente brand is freely available here, if any of you want to fly over to buy some :D

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=fuente&categories_id=&range=0&22=&23=&24=&26=&x=0&y=0

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »

Amen to that brother.

Enter your email address: