Author Topic: Headshaving with the Panasonic la63 is like sex!!  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Headshaving with the Panasonic la63 is like sex!!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
you've made quite a comparation:D
I'll tell you, after you'll try out sex, you'll see the diffrence:)
no offence.
good you like it :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
Comparison :)

(You said you're here to help with English too)

:D

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
Comparison :)

(You said you're here to help with English too)

:D
hoh, thanks. I apreciate it, trust me, I don't mind :)
sorry for off-topic :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Slynito

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
I did get the LA63 and it works like a charm. VERY close shave and easy to do without the shaving cream mess.

I really like it but I won't go as far to say it's like sex.  :px :*)) :P

It wasn't me who made the "sex" comment.  >:(  I'm glad that you like it and are happy with your purchase. I keep a small mug in the bathroom to bath the Panny...and when you go o'seas it adapts to other voltages/Hz, check the manual.
 O0 O0 O0

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
This is a wet/dry electric isnt it?    I think I'm going to pick one up for those times when I am rushed and cant blade shave

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 06:56:02 AM »
Picked up LA63 yesterday and used it for the first time in the shower last night.   I need to get the routine down and practice, but overall it did a pretty nice job.   Much smoother than I expected from an electric.

a couple questions for the pros...

Are there any tips that you could share to make things even better?

also, how long will the blades last before ZI need to change them?

lastly,  using it wet,  is it taboo to also use a shave cream?  would that clog it up at all?

Thanks for any info and advice!

BalDon

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:25 AM »
I use pre-shave oil and a low foam gel.  Rinse the blades with the foil off several times during your shave.  I think doing these things will improve your shave considerably.

You'll probably be money ahead to replace your shaver every few years rather than buy new foils and blades, as the component parts are so expensive.  I find it more economically feasible to buy the latest state of the art shaver.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »
I use pre-shave oil and a low foam gel.  Rinse the blades with the foil off several times during your shave.  I think doing these things will improve your shave considerably.

You'll probably be money ahead to replace your shaver every few years rather than buy new foils and blades, as the component parts are so expensive.  I find it more economically feasible to buy the latest state of the art shaver.

Red

groovy,  good advice!     

Do you prefer any particular gel/foam?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
My personal favourites are Anthony Pre-Shave Oil, the Castroil GT-1 of headshave oils, IMHO and King of Shaves gels.  Any variety; usually available at Targét  ^-^

The Anthony line is available on-line or at C.O. Bigelow stores in larger cities.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »
My personal favourites are Anthony Pre-Shave Oil, the Castroil GT-1 of headshave oils, IMHO and King of Shaves gels.  Any variety; usually available at Targét  ^-^

The Anthony line is available on-line or at C.O. Bigelow stores in larger cities.

Red

thanks again!  I'll head to target soon!

Slynito

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
Red said it all...I use oil, gels and rinse under the shower and also upgrade every two or three years...the Panny rulez.

BalDon; go here and check out my true story about my old Panny. http://www.slybaldguys.co/smf/index.php?topic=15476.msg241363#msg241363

O0

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
I couldnt find the Anthony oil locally,  but tried their electric pre shave lotion, and it works great!

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
Slynito, your link doesn't work.

I currently use the conair cleanhead, cheap, works GREAT, baby bald smoothness for 6-8 hours. panny the same? also how long can you expect to last before replacing (that goes with blades ect) I just hope to get a year out of the cleanhead thats all i can ask :P:P:P just looking for some detailed reviews on the panny  O0 O0 O0

Slynito

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »
Damn if you ain't right, soldier! The Panasonic foils can be bought on e-bay but they are pricy. I like the Panny because I can charge it where ever I am on the planet, so far. The Conair is only 110v from what I read. Good luck.