Author Topic: Where were you? September 11, 2001 10 years later it's still vivid  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Where were you? September 11, 2001 10 years later it's still vivid
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »
Netflix has some good conspiracy theories...makes you think.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
Netflix has some good conspiracy theories...makes you think.

Alex Jones/Infowars out of Austin, TX does, too. He actually predicted what would happen about 3 months prior. A buddy of mine remembers me telling him about the prediction and then thinking on the day it happened "how the hell did he know that?".
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »
Back in that time, was working at a Boeing subcontractor and started work at 6AM.  That particular morning, I was actually praying as I was driving and had not had the radio on.  When I got to work, I was told about the first tower being hit.  I would wear a Walkman to normally listen to music.  So I turned on the news and started listening for hours.  I also flipped over to the Christian music station and the morning hosts aired news instead of music.  There was slso lots of times for prayers. 

I remember that it also made me turn to my faith in Jesus even more as it was quite the scary time.  Unfortunately, since my church used a movie theater for services, we could not do a service that night for prayer and healing.  But the next Sunday's services definately took on a different tone.

I also remember going over to Seattle Center aka, the Space Needle grounds, and there was a impromptu memorial set up at the International Fountain with tons of flowers in memory of those lost.  People were hugging each other.  It was a somber sea of humanity.

I remember feeling a great anger towards what had happened.  At the same time, I do remember having a concern for the local Muslim community as I was wondering if innocent people there would be mistreated as a result.

Lastly, I lost my job in  May of the next year due to 9-11.  Boeing shortly announced layoffs due to the hit in the airline industry.  That eventually trickled down to the subcontractors.