Author Topic: What do YOU drive?  (Read 81038 times)

Offline iamthedood

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: What do YOU drive?
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »
'03 "bug-eye" wrx waggon stage 2 w 3" cobb downpipe & ss exhaust, al radiator & aem cai

Offline Bucksfan

• Sly Jr.
Re: What do YOU drive?
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
Updates in the garage department:

2009 Chevy suburban LTZ (white)
2013 GMC Yukon Denali (black)

OPEC loves me

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2014, 11:44:46 AM »
Oh, I forgot to report in that I had traded in my Miata. I loved that car, but was getting forced off the roads too often for my taste, so I've moved onto a beefier car. Still a convertible -- I'm a rag-top man!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2014, 12:17:41 PM »
Sweet ride slybear, my brother just bought a new BOSS 302. It's super fast, but I'll stick with my old pony, although it's stored for the Minnesota deep freeze!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
Nice, reddog! My first car was a 64 1/2 Mustang and I've always had a sweet spot for them.

In fact, the grill pony from that 64 1/2 is mounted on the inside of my trunk lid. (I junked the car when its lifetime was up, but kept the grill.)

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »
-- I'm a rag-top man!

You certainly have the haircut for it!

I'm a ragtop man too!
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2014, 05:07:04 AM »
Everyday a GMC Denali but for special occasions, a lovingly cared for Ford Crown Victoria LX with an Interceptor engine. If Ford still made Crown Vics there would be no GMC for me.....

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
My daily is an '03  Red Mustang Mach 1.  I also ride an '91 Harley Davidson Softail Custom.  The Mustang needs some work right now so I've been riding daily to and from work and everywhere in between!  Not necessarily a bad thing.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:41 PM »
Sweet Mach1, DOC! Looks like you've kept it in really good condition. What work are you doing to it? Are you the original owner?

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
Nothing exciting, I drive a 2013 Kia Soul. I love it. I had a 2007 Mini Cooper convertible for a while, but the maintanence ended up being just too expensive.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »
Sweet Mach1, DOC! Looks like you've kept it in really good condition. What work are you doing to it? Are you the original owner?
Thanks SlyBeard! I've tried to keep in in good condition, and I am the original owner.  The engine is stock since it's my daily driver, but down the line I'd like to do some engine mods.  When I first got it I did upgrade the exhaust with a full Magnaflow Catback system, so it's got a really good sound to it, and it did add some umph.  Lowered, tinted windows, and some chrome and brushed aluminum interior accessories to give it add to the look.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2014, 10:57:15 PM »
2009 Hyundai Accent.  It has a manual transmission, which I really enjoy.  It also is about the last car left to have hand-cranked windows.  I have this phobia about power windows (you know, the frequent occurrence of plunging into a body of deep water, short-circuited, unable to open the windows, therefore unable to open the door because of outward pressure of the water--okay, I'm neurotic that way!).  The salesman apologized for not having power windows, but I was quite happy.  I still miss my Ford Festiva, which got GREAT gas mileage.  The accent, mileage is about as good as it gets without having a hybrid, which I couldn't afford.  I don't want to make OPEC rich!

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
Still have my 2003 Dodge Viper & 2006 RAM 1500 Pickup

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
2014 Honda Accord EX-L...it's my 5th Honda.

I love Hondas so much I started working for Honda.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2014, 07:22:08 AM »
Yesterday, 14 March, I took a step back and accepted delivery of not one, but two Ford Crown Victorias. They've been road tested and approved for me by the Kansas Highway patrol who put that first 70,000 miles on them so any flaws or necessary tightening have been worked out. The BIG Interceptor engine, cloth seats, place for a shot gun, radios, etc. Even though I offered money if they'd let me keep them, the light bar on to and the cage inside were removed. I was allowed to have the spot light and, although it's there, the siren has been disconnected. BIG interior, just right for long legs. (To give you an idea about long legs, I have a pair of custom made Wesco Engineer boots that I used to ride my BMW 1200. They are 22" inches high and do not reach my knee....) I suppose the delivery paint job will have to be redone-they just had their paint bay spray out any spaces and markings that would connect it to the Patrol. As to naming, One is Tattoo, the other is DILLIGAF. I hope these are the last cars I will ever have to buy but, to dress up my bet, I've found a guy in Oklahoma who but out the remaining Crown Vics at dealers, has they stored in  a former airplane hangar and watches the price for each one sold go up as the years past cessation of manufacture disappear over the horizon. So, in a pinch....I know where to go although by then what he might ask for "clean machine" might  make buying a Bentley a better bargain.....