Author Topic: Re-shaving after the first few days  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Erase

• Learning the way of Sly
Re-shaving after the first few days
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:48:32 AM »
Hey people.

When I shave my heard the first few days after I shaved last time, and there's only very small stubble, it hurts very much to shave it off, and can often take 2 hours. But if I instead wait a week or so between shaves, the hairs are more relaxed and there's no where near as much pain involved.
But when there's only small stubble like that, I usually get pretty bad rashes and small wounds around the ears. I suppose that's a very sensitive area. And it also gets a bit swollen.

I currently use a Gillette Fusion Power with Gillette Fusion Power blades. And I've tried both shaving cream and gel. I find the cream to be best. And I use more than enough. I've also tried shaving in the shower, with water running on the scalp, but that's not very good either, and if I get water on the rashes or wounds, it scorches for several minutes.

So, I'm not really sure what to do. Possibly try a new shaver and shaving cream? Suggestions?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re-shaving after the first few days
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
Shaving your head should be a painless experience and should not take anywhere near two hours.  I'd suggest shaving every day -- or at the very least every other day.  The less stubble that is there, the easier it is to shave and the faster the process will be.  It also sounds like you might be applying too much pressure.

Enter your email address: