Author Topic: Don't let this happen to you  (Read 12327 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Don't let this happen to you
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »
I just saw on HLT pics of a guy who used minox and his crown grew back fully(i.e. less of a bald spot) then he stopped using it and within so many months he had a mammoth bald spot. His hair became crisp and brittle!!!! That has gotta cause some serious long term side effects if it can do that
 I cant believe that stuff, thankfully I knew the risk with that stuff and have never used it.

What kind of stuff does that? Does it create dependency on drugs so much so that when deprived the hairs die? and the hairs turn CRISP?

I'm no doc, but that's exactly what it sounds like to me.

Let's ask Dr Noner
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 02:25:19 AM »
I will never do the transplant route, one of my balding uncles in germany did the transplant, he wears tupees, two of his tupees are from the last 1970's, three from the early 1980's, and two from the late 1980's, he did the transplant rout in the 1990's, it didnt work he went back to wearing the tupees,

I started receding in 2004, i decided to go to the shaved route, did i make the right decision, i happen to be born in canada, my mother emigrated to canada from germany in the late 1950's, i was born in the mid 1970's
 Anyone that is familiar with the norwood scale, iam Stage III on the norwood scales, my receding pattern will get worse.

For those who are comtemplating hair transplant surgery, here's a photo of what your head will look like directly after the surgery.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:53:16 AM by fcb2001 »

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 02:28:47 AM »
That is what happened to my uncle in germany when he had his transplants in the mid 1990's, he went back to wearing his tupees, he likes 1970's style tupees, i lived in Germany when he had his transplant, it looked awful, i said back then if i went that way i wouldnt do the transplant or wear a tupee

Here's another example of why hair transplants are not a good idea.  This guy was badly scarred from a botched transplant so he went to another surgeon to get it "fixed".  These are the before and after photos.  Admittedly, the "after" is preferable to the scarred scalp, but does anyone really want to look like this?  The poor guy looks like a human Q-tip.  Should have shaved his head from the get-go and saved himself a lot of pain, humiliation and money.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:30:45 AM by fcb2001 »

Offline Darrell

• Sly Jr.
  • Official Kilt of The United States Marine Corps
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »
To think I was actually considering transplants at one time. I'm so very glad that I never went through with it - what a mess! And to think of all the money that was spent getting that way.  :(

Darrell

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
I agree with YOSP's assessment - holy sh*****t!  So glad I have never seriously considered this route either!

Offline wanttobebald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
I got a Hair transplant 10 years ago in my 20s and it is by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life.  That whole industry is based on lies and deception.  When first losing my hair, I felt desperate and insecure.  Now I am used to the idea of baldness and it is not a big deal in your 30s.

I feel that hair transplant doctors that prey on men in their 20s are crooks.  They know that the young men are vulnerable at that time.  So they prey on them and make it sound like baldness is horrible and transplants are a natural, permanent, solution.  It is so wrong because these doctors know that the vast majority of the patients will regret it later in life... and that the vast majority of people accept their baldness a few years after the initial shock.

The hair transplant doctors are VERY good salespeople and marketers...unfortunately they are very BAD doctors (do no harm.)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:45 AM »
Back in the early 80s when I was on the PD we had a big meeting with the "new" mayor in town (Robert Sabonjian). The police and fire depts had meetings seperate from the other labor groups. In the meeting I was at I sat behind a Lt. from the fire dept who had just had plugs put in. I couldn't stop looking at the top of his head throughout the meeting because it looked just like a rice paddy. All the plugs were in perfect diagonal rows. I remember thinking that Stevie Wonder could've spotted that. I felt bad for the guy because I wondered if he had anyone in his life who cared enough to tell him how bad his "new hair" looked up close.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »
Stevie Wonder could've spotted that. ...

Great new one-liner!  Thanks !!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Frankblack

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »
I made the worst mistake of my life getting a hair transplant at 19.  It haunts me every day but I believe a shaved head even with the scar looks much better than these shitty transplants look.  If you go to a hair transplant website and read the forums you get an idea of how these things destroy lives.  All these guys do is worry about their hair, they are slaves to their shitty looking hair and they never realize it until its too late.

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
I've never known a man that was happy with a hair transplant, in fact, every one of them regretted having it done.