Author Topic: Tattoo design.  (Read 11190 times)

Offline Redgrave101

• Sly
Re: Tattoo design.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »
True, I can't say I would want a girl to be into me because of a tat. And indeed many may well be put off by it. But I wouldn't be getting it for any reason other than to please myself.
That is, If I was to get it...

Ahaha, I'm going in circles now.

Clearly I still have alot to think about.

Sly Joe Leo

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
I agree with other views on neck tattoos. IMO, it's not a good idea. Upper arm, back/shoulder blade, even upper chest.

Ultimately, it's up to you.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
I disagree with those of you saying to get it somewhere that it will be covered. That's nonsense in my opinion. If you get something that you really like you should be proud of it.
I have a half sleeve on my upper right arm that sticks out below my short sleeves and another half sleeve that covers my left arm from my elbow to my wrist. I never hear anything bad about them. I do get people that are curious and asking questions..

Remember.... those that aren't tattooed don't really understand. Life is short... do what YOU want to do (within the boundaries of the law!).

I was 47 years old when I got my first half sleeve. I waited 28 years to get one because I never knew what I REALLY wanted. Make it meaningful my Friend. No rush.... take your time, visit some shops, and think about it. PM me if you like with questions.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
Though I have neck tats, I agree with the others. My tats didn't effect my occupation, so that wasn't an issue. But many aren't as lucky. I still was concerned with the ability to cover if need be. I put on a shirt/tie and marked the edge. (I did the same with my sleeves, only to edge of wrist) I had them only go up to that line (both sides and back of neck) So if I need to, they can be hidden. With a normal shirt, they're very visible. I've had them over 15 years and still love them and actually wish I would have gone higher... I don't have many tie occasions...

BUT you look to be on the young side, people DO judge the book by its cover... Give it a bit more thought...

Offline Redgrave101

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Hey guys

Just a quickie to say thanks for all the advice, I've put the neck tat idea on ice for the time being. Instead to keep myself busy I've been working on a sleeve design based around Greek mythology. Have had a chat with David Corden (Uk tattooist) and hope to be heading down to his studio soon to play about with some ideas.

Thanks again

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
cool - I thnk you've made the right choice.  you cna always do it later on after some careful consderation
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »
I have to agree with the majority here.  I run my own little business, and I can tell you, most (if not all) will think twice about hiring you, or any one else, who would put a tat in such a highly visible area.  I most certainly would not want my customers to see that when you were trying to sell them my product, or servicing that product.    You won't find any salesperson in any store,  trying to sell, with tattoos showing on their neck, face, or even up and down their arms.   If a salesperson is wearing a long sleeve shirt, when others are wearing short sleeves, you can almost guess the reason.   
So on top of what the  others have said about it, just add job turn downs to the list.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline jrvf55

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 02:00:45 AM »
i've wanted a tattoo for ages but have never been able to think of a design that i'm comfortable enough with, i'm a huge fan of the red hot chili peppers so i have constantly thought of getting the rhcp logo on my forearm but always decide against as it's too common and i'm not overly keen on getting something on my forearm!

i've been thinking of getting something on my upper arm and have decided i would like the design to be centred on the phrase "hey man. now i'm really living" from the song by EELS the lyrics come from part of the song which say " i just saw the sun rise over the hill, never use to give me much of a thrill, but hey man now i'm really living" so i was thinking of maybe having a sun rise/set design with the lyrics but maybe using the rhcp logo in place of the sun.

would love to get peoples opinions on this, any ideas/opinions on this design would be greatly appreciated!

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:42 PM »
I'll jump in wiht my second 2 cents worth and agree with Oracle.   That design would work out real well on your right upper arm.  Clean up the drawing of the eagle and get a sharper head on the coyote or wolf and it's a keeper.  (right now the coyote/wolf looks much more like a domesti dog - maybe a german shephard mix)

Girls dig German shepherd / domestic dogs.......  :@`  Just Sayin!     O:O

The dog made me go "awww" and think "I LOVE IT!"  LOL.  Then again I don't have any tats yet.  Want a very simple one, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Gutsy Girl
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com