Author Topic: Thinking of Hair Club For Men? Maybe this will change your mind...  (Read 74353 times)

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
Re: Thinking of Hair Club For Men? Maybe this will change your mind...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
Thanks Razor,  I have been struggling to reach this point for a year or more now.  Like others,  its the work fears that hold me back.

I'm really tired of the rug and all that goes with it.   

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 11:39:02 AM »
I'm really tired of the rug and all that goes with it.   

Well, your support of your Mother and the rug angst will see you through.  What you've seen on this site is true, more compliments and jest than mean spirited comments.  But the great thing is that the compliments keep coming long after the rug and fringe is gone.  Best to you and yours.

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »
Holy Crap!  I just looked at the Calendar and realized my deadline is next week!   Gotta get over these nerves about it.  Its really only the first day at work that gives me angst.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:50 AM »
Hey Shrugged and Hiker48:

First off, I am sorry to hear about your mother Shrugged.  I just found out 2 weeks ago that my mom has a rare form of leukemia.  My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I encourage both of you to lose the wig.  I know your fears, I know your concerns, I know your thoughts, I know exactly what you are going through.  I experienced them all.  I can tell you this.  Losing the wig was one of the greatest decisions I have ever made.  My wife and family supported me.  I have never received one negative comment.  And even if I did, it wouldn't matter because I feel so much better about myself.

I too had the plan on my unveiling.  Finally my 10 year old son told me to just shave it off and go to work.  I did that very thing.  Didn't "warn" or tell anyone other than wife and kids that I was gonna do it.  To a person, everyone said it looked great.  We all like to hear to good things said about us.  My losing the wig was an outpouring of good comments.  I loved it.  

Guys, if you ever have questions, send me a message and we can talk.  This board was a lifesaver for me.  I just want to help anyone I can that is struggling with "losing the toupee".

Best Wishes,
Sooner Steve
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:05:56 AM by Sooner Steve »
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 07:48:33 AM »
OK,  I am quickly making the call and that call is SLY on Sunday! 

I'm even telling some select people in an effort to sort of force my hand and go through with it.,

All the positive commentary here and the kind PM's have made me see this as the move I must make.

Still need to figure out how to break away from the HCM obligation and little things like getting a tan (bought Jergens natural glow express last night!) and if I can grow a goatee, but I think Im finally over the edge!

One question,  I have very light blonde eyebrows, they are almost non existent.    Will this look funny and should I consider maybe coloring them a little?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:18:30 AM »
O0  Your only regret will be that you waited so long.  HMC--that's a service contract--they won't be rendering a service, you don't have hair.  I would think that they will go away. 

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »
Thats true Saint,  my main worry is that they run my debit card each month and its not ACH.  This means that I have little control to prevent them from hitting my account beyond a total card cancellation.

I am going to call the manager tomorrow and negotiate my way out of this.   

I'm still a little dreamy feeling that this isnt actually happening,   but I think it is!

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »

I'm even telling some select people in an effort to sort of force my hand and go through with it.,

All the positive commentary here and the kind PM's have made me see this as the move I must make.

Still need to figure out how to break away from the HCM obligation and little things like getting a tan (bought Jergens natural glow express last night!) and if I can grow a goatee, but I think Im finally over the edge!

One question,  I have very light blonde eyebrows, they are almost non existent.    Will this look funny and should I consider maybe coloring them a little?

If you want to have fun with it, do what I did and don't tell anyone.  Monday morning, walk in like you own the place with your new look.  Don't worry about the blonde eyebrows.  I have to admit I love my dark eyebrows because I think it makes my eyes look intense but everyone is different and has a different look.  Don't over think this.  It's a new look and you're going to feel great!

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 06:32:32 AM »
Moved forward in my sly journey.  Purchased headblade, replacement blades and headslick yesterday.   I also told my employees to expect me to look quite different when I return from Thanksgiving break.     

I'm doing this!  (OMG!) 

Offline BalDon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:17 AM »
Another step forward!  Just got off the horn with HCM.  They were very sweet.  I'm not totally out of the woods yet, but we agreed to allow me a "hold" until March and we will "revsist" things then.    I told them there will likely be no revisiting then, but I'll allow them to try and convince me in February (bt then I'll be adapted to my new SLY).  The "contract" never even came up in conversation.   They said a lot of guys are doing this, mainly for financial reasons

They agreed to stop taking debits and even offered to do the removal.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »
Another step forward!  Just got off the horn with HCM.  They were very sweet.  I'm not totally out of the woods yet, but we agreed to allow me a "hold" until March and we will "revsist" things then.    I told them there will likely be no revisiting then, but I'll allow them to try and convince me in February (bt then I'll be adapted to my new SLY).  The "contract" never even came up in conversation.   They said a lot of guys are doing this, mainly for financial reasons

They agreed to stop taking debits and even offered to do the removal.

Yuk, yuk ;D ;D ;D.  At least they realize they have little to say in the matter.  After doing the 30 Days advised by SBG I think you'll be so happy to be free, so adapted to the new guy in the mirror, and pleased with the reaction of your friends and acquaintances that you'll be totally in control--something they've denied you for years. 

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:08:23 AM »

One question,  I have very light blonde eyebrows, they are almost non existent.    Will this look funny and should I consider maybe coloring them a little?

Dude, I have absolutely no eyebrows - look at my pic.  Those are eyebrows above the glasses.  Don't worry about them.  Trust me on this.  Do not color them.  You go be your own man.   O0

Also, I read the steps you have taken.  Man, I know this sounds crazy but I am so excited for you.  You HAVE NO IDEA how much happier you are gonna be.  Keep us all updated.

O0 O0 O0
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:11:14 AM by Sooner Steve »
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
If you want to have fun with it, do what I did and don't tell anyone.  Monday morning, walk in like you own the place with your new look. 

Hey Acme.  I did the very same thing.  Nothing says I am taking control of my life any stronger than losing the wig, walking into the office with a shaved head and saying here I am world.  Kiss my tail.  I am my own man and secure in what I do.  What a feeling!!!!!

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
Yeah. I liked it much better just doing it than preparing everyone for it. I didn't have the wig, just heavily receding/thining hair that I was tired of arranging to conceal.  If I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way. Don't tell anyone (except for one friend) because it gives more of a feeling of control over the whole thing.

I also can't stress enough to anyone still on the fence how great the whole experience has been.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »
  Nothing says I am taking control of my life any stronger than losing the wig, walking into the office with a shaved head and saying here I am world.  Kiss my tail.  I am my own man and secure in what I do.  What a feeling!!!!!

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing back that memory for me!  I only ditched a bad combover--but the sensation of here I am is the same.  GREAT.