Author Topic: Help! Abnormal Head Shape...  (Read 28405 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Help! Abnormal Head Shape...
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »
Just check out some of the noggins on this site!   :*))  You'll fit right in bro, no worries!   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »
Jason,

There is always something that a person would like to change about himself/herself, but I think you're being too hard on yourself.  From my picture, my head shape looks pretty good, but from the side, it's oblong, and I don't like it.  I always tend to check out other shaved heads, and I get jealous when I see a perfectly round head.  So it's normal to be apprehensive, but once you shave your head, you will probably just obsess about getting it perfectly smooth (nothing wrong with that).  I know it might seem harder for you since you're younger, but hey, I didn't have my first relationship with someone until I was 25 (married her by the way), and I was already losing my hair.  If you already have your hair extremely short, there is not going to be much of a change when you shave it as far as what others will see.  Most guys here seem to have found the reaction to be a non-event.  Don't mess with surgery though, or you could end up looking like this:  

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/jackson.asp   g@@4

We're here for you future sly bro.

Jokes man, jokes! :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline fireman

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »
Jason,
I would say shave it just like most have said before me. I don't know of one of my bald headed brothers out there who are totally happy with their dome but they wear the look and feel great about it. A friend of mine has a great shaped dome (I think) and I see my imperfections. I always say that I would like his shape and he says he has issues too and likes the look of my dome.

I say go for it, it is not as bad as you think it is.  O0
Only a few perfect heads in the world....the rest have hair!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »
Jason,
I would say shave it just like most have said before me. I don't know of one of my bald headed brothers out there who are totally happy with their dome but they wear the look and feel great about it. A friend of mine has a great shaped dome (I think) and I see my imperfections. I always say that I would like his shape and he says he has issues too and likes the look of my dome.

I say go for it, it is not as bad as you think it is.  O0

Wise words from the fireman.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »
I'm workin on a pic...sorry it's taking so long I'm in the middle of a move right now...

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 12:28:19 AM »
nobody's head is perfect.   Don't base your decision on that, and welcome.
bald for life

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 12:48:01 PM »
JasonR, I know what it's like to have an abnormal head shape. My head looks more like a damn triangle than a human head on the side view. When I look at my baby pics, the head shape was fine when I was born but then it molded into this huge... thing  :D. I guess it's just the way my head was meant to be or something, although I don't know a lot about what defines ones head shape.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »
Alright I'm just about all settled in after the move...

anyways I dug up an old pic. You can see  how my head is not normally shaped..basically the rear is higher than the front. I desperately want to get it "fixed". I've tried to forget about it, but I just can't. Now only is my hair almost gone, my head is funny shaped. However, it looks like it wouldn't involve any brain surgery (thank God) and it looks like it could be done (I've stared at my head WAY too many times lately). On to the pics...

My abnormally shaped head

This is the worst photo taken...

This is my head (crudely) from a side view:

And this is me with Sunglasses on my head to hide the "dent" in my head. I just want my head shape to be normal. I'm 22...I need to get on with my life; I want to get this taken care of. My girlfriend is in these pics...so don't be alarmed. I'm the one without hair!

Profile View of Bumpy Head: It looks a LOT better from the profile view..but you can still see the issue...(look behind the sunglass lens)

And my head from a profile view WITH sunglasses. This is how I want my head to look like...!

Edit for clarification: This is not doctored or anything, the sunglasses happened to disguise my bump head perfectly and it looks like a normal head in that picture. That's what I WANT.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:34:31 AM by JasonR »

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 12:46:25 AM »
Hi Jason,could do with another pic WITHOUT the glasses this time because i really can't see a massive problem TBH.Everyones head has some sort of imperfection on it.Mines all over the place.

I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »
Hey bro, I agree with Ian.  Let's see another pic without the glasses.  Thought, I think if you have a cute girl like that, you must have not have too "abnormal" of a head shape.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 02:13:32 AM »
Hi Jason,

Yes, I can see what you're talking about from the top pic that you posted but .... & it's a big BUT ..... there's absolutely nothing abnormal about that shape of head ... it's just another head shape & in fact, it's quite a common one. I think probably most guys have it to a greater or lesser degree. Start looking for yourself when you see other bald or SLY guys out & about, I'm sure you'll soon realise that it's not at all unusual.

- Also on the plus side I remember hearing once that a pronounced back of the skull was an indication of high creativity so I wouldn't be too quick rushing into any kind of surgery - you may lose more than you bargained for! 

Anyway, hope this helps a bit. Oh & by the way ... you rock the sly look dude!
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 05:21:03 AM »
Jason, normal is what is normal for each of us, we all have bumps, ridges, imperfectons.   So long as you have such good looking women attracted to you...I don't see the problem.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »
Hi

Ok just a couple of points:

- There is something that all of us dont like about our headshape.  I have a similar worry to you, but it is only in any way visible to me and to others from a very specific angle.  Your photos highlight the same thing.  Your prfile to me looks absolutely fine. 

- Your head shape didnt exactly prevent you finding a hot girlfriend!!  It seems to me as is always the case with everyone who posts on here including myself that insecurities are entirely within, very few others even notice.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »
Dude - With that GIRLFRIEND!!!  Dang - How do I get the bump!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »
I have to agree with the other gents here.  I think that what you're seeing is not what everyone else would see.  In other words, you're blowing it way out of proportion.  I wouldn't give your head a second thought if I saw you on the street except to think, cool, another bald brother.  Please rest easy that your head is just fine.  What does your gal think? I would assume she is just fine with it.  Otherwise, why would she be locking lips with ya?   O0
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/