Author Topic: Is it possible to actually be too ugly to go bald?  (Read 25764 times)

Sly Joe Leo

Re: Is it possible to actually be too ugly to go bald?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
Well the #1 was starting to look kind of scruffy to me, so I buzzed my head again without any guard to see what would happen. I rather like the look (despite the color difference), but all the feedback I've received so far has been incredibly negative; with most of it being about how much I look like a racist. This has me a little paranoid, because I start school on Tuesday and my college has a very high African American population. I know they won't attack me or anything, I'm just worried that they might think I hate them, which is not true. So I don't know, I might let my hair grow back out to a #1. Did you guys get this kind of feedback when you first shaved your heads too?

Here's another picture, btw. Oh, and ignore the big red mark on the top of my forehead. Apparently there's a reason for all those projectile warnings on string trimmers...

You look good.  O0

It sounds like you live in a place with people that have a lot of issues (since they seem to have a problem with what you do with your hair).  Don't buy into their crap. Be yourself and do what you want to do with your head.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:26 PM »
. Whatever, I'll keep the look for a while and see what happens. It definitely looks better than when I had hair.
As we say in New Orleans, You da man Rube! O0, You da man! And don't you forget it.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 05:13:20 AM »
Funny. Well, not so funny.  Wear goggles!

Don't worry, I always do! But of course the little rock would find the area of my face without any protection, and of course even a tiny rock moving at high speeds would be enough to give me a scratch. I wonder if I can get workman's comp for that?  :P

If you were on the job, perhaps workman's comp would pay up.  You could always wear a motorcycle helmet when you weedwhack!  It would look funny, but you could do it and it would protect your head.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
You look good man.  Those people who are saying you look like a racist are probably the same ones who made fun of your hairline.
Seems you cant win with them no matter what---I hope these are just jokes between friends and that's it. If that's not the case---find new friends.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
As far as the whole racist thing goes, I live in eastern Washington and have a lake house at Hayden Lake which was well known as a KKK haven, Richard Butler had a compound there and was famous for all the racist things he did, parades included. I too was alittle worried about the reactions because of that whole ordeal over there but the way I see it is that most of the guys in the 'klan' have hair and a buzzed head looks more like the traditional skinhead in my opinion, just look at the first skinheads in the UK.

Offline Rube

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
I too was alittle worried about the reactions because of that whole ordeal over there but the way I see it is that most of the guys in the 'klan' have hair and a buzzed head looks more like the traditional skinhead in my opinion, just look at the first skinheads in the UK.

Yea, I've been reading about the original skinheads since people starting calling me one and it's really nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, I ran into an old friend of mine and he was sly! That boosted my confidence a lot, because when we were younger he was one of those kids who all the guys wanted to be like, and all the girls wanted to date. So it's good to know I look like the "cool kid," even if that was years ago. He's also Puerto Rican, so I highly doubt he's a Nazi.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded for the encouragement, and I'm pretty sure no one's gonna try to stab me tomorrow. If they do I know a little Tai Chi (which is a very effective martial art if you know how to use it) and karate, so I should be fine :D