Author Topic: headlube glossy  (Read 7928 times)

Slynito

Re: headlube glossy
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
Some good 100% Aloe Vera will give you a shine...one of the bros. turned us on to SPF 30 as a shine producer. I tried it and it works. Rub it all over and it'll give you an all day shine.  O0

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »
Some good 100% Aloe Vera will give you a shine...one of the bros. turned us on to SPF 30 as a shine producer. I tried it and it works. Rub it all over and it'll give you an all day shine.  O0
So, what you are saying is that the Headlube SPF30 does also get you a nice shine?. I thought this one was only available in matte.
Headlube Glossy is a very nice product, nice shine and absorbs well, but I have tried other 100% aloe vera gels and they all work fine

Slynito

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »
So, what you are saying is that the Headlube SPF30 does also get you a nice shine?. I thought this one was only available in matte.
Headlube Glossy is a very nice product, nice shine and absorbs well, but I have tried other 100% aloe vera gels and they all work fine

Nope...I said one of the SBG Bros posted that if you rub on some SPF30 it will make your head shine and it does. I'm not referring to Headlube.  O0

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
Why am I the only one that doesnt like Headblade products? I think the gloss stuff is 5hitty. I think ALL their stuff is 5hitty, with the exception of the exfoliator, but St Ives exfoliator does the same thing more effectively at a fraction of the price.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
I do enjoy most HeadBlade products, but then it comes to the "lubes"...when I sweat, my head just gets "weird" when I use them.  I'm HB all the way until that final treatment of the dome, for that I use a skin smoothing gel from Tolsom.

Slynito

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
I like the HB shave gel, but as for the rest...very over priced and there are better products on the market, imho.  ^-^

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »
I like the shine from the HB Glossy but it feels a little sticky so I'm careful as to when I wear it.

Slynito

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
I like the shine from the HB Glossy but it feels a little sticky so I'm careful as to when I wear it.

yea, it seems like it takes a very long time to absorb/dry...I like aloe or spf-30, just my preference.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
I've given up on HeadLube - makes my head feel sticky after a while.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »
tried the headlube glossy about a year ago, and i was not impressed, after using it for a couple of days i developed a painfull irritation behind my ears, and the skin split, as soon as i stopped using the product my head cleared up, besides this little problem, i was not impressed with the shine, double strength aloe vera gell  O0 O0gives a way better shine and is better for the skin as well.  O0 O0 O0

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
Nope...I said one of the SBG Bros posted that if you rub on some SPF30 it will make your head shine and it does. I'm not referring to Headlube.  O0

Do you mean any sunscreen with SPF 30? Or  particular brand, or is SPF30 a particular brand/prodct?

Slynito

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »

Do you mean any sunscreen with SPF 30? Or  particular brand, or is SPF30 a particular brand/prodct?

Yep, I just grabbed some 30 SPF out of the medicine cabinet and rubbed it on my freshly shaved head and it resulted in a nice shine. I can't remember the SBG member's name, but you could do a search and maybe find the original post. Give it a try and see for yourself. Good luck!