Author Topic: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub  (Read 20930 times)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
Re: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 11:15:46 PM »
 Awesome post Steve.

Good luck KW. I will be thinking of You and know that you will be pleased with your decision.

:)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »
What happened? did you quit? Fill us in. Hope you were able to quit and post a new pic of your perfect new dome.
AKA Gimpy

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »
The bald eagle has landed...got buzzed down on Tuesday evening...
Been off work since.  Went golfing, been to the pool, running errands, hanging with the kids, etc.

Feels great.  Been buzzing down with a wet/dry razor.  My kids love the look.  Everyone has been very positive.  Will get a picture up in the next couple days

Go back to work Monday.  Thanks for all the support...have to run...

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Great to hear you did it and that you've gotten a good reaction.  Don't worry about going back to work Monday.  You'll probably be a little nervous, but it go just fine.  Within a short time, everyone will adjust to your new look.  My assistant told me the other day that she can't really picture me with hair anymore (after about 10 weeks)!

Offline tmgrood

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »
I went from hair to no hair over a weekend. Just got tired of feeling self concious about my thinning on top.
At first I cut it way down really short with clippers but within a half hour I just cut it all off. I then used my electric razor but since then I have bought the head blade and use it every couple of days when I shave my face.
I couldn't be happier.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
Nice one! Being SLY is awesome :)

I was terrified going in to work the first time, but it was one of the best experiences ever! (Someone on here helped a lot, saying that it's interesting how people react... so I took that and became interested in peoples reactions, as opposed to clinging to every word they said!)

But what made it so good is that I've never had so many compliments in my life! :)))  .... mind you, I've never had a "cool" hair style before! (Bald, goatee and shades = cool!)

Hmm... I'm waffling a little...

In a nut shell... You'll love the response at work!

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
So it has been almost a week...

My friends/family all like the  look.  I have heard that I wear it well. I have even gotten a few comments like, "I didn't know if it would look OK but it looks good".  That makes me feel great.  Not one person has said, "You look terrible, what made you do that?".

It feels amazing and more importantly I feel like I am being the real me.  That is liberating.  It is so easy to maintain.  Best decision I could have made.  I wish I would have done it sooner, but I also know that the time wasn't right until I actually did the deed.  Can't second guess the past...

Today is the first day back in the office.  Like I said I only gave my boss and my direct report the heads up.  I have run into a couple people and they just asked if this was my new look.  They said I looked younger and that they liked it.  Will feel more comfortable once more people have seen the new look...
THANK YOU ALL...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
 O0
This is where we tell you "We told you so!" ;D
Now how about a picture of the new young looking you? :/O

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
Way to go KW!

Welcome to the rest of YOUR life......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
Welcome to freedom from the tyranny of hair!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »
KW, it sounds like all went well and you're loving it. Like saint said; "we told ya' so".
Enjoy your new found freedom!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
Great news KW. I am glad that You did it. I knew that You would like it.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
KW - glad you're enjoying the new look!  Hope everything went well on your first days back at work with the sly look.

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 08:01:40 AM »
Third day back at work.  Gotten a number of compliments...which is nice.  Keep being told I look younger (I am 39) and it is good look.  My wife posted a couple pictures on her Facebook page last week and all the responses were positive.  The only negative response was when I dropped my son off at daycare and his teacher (in her early 20s) said "Why would you do that?".  My son (4) answered her "because he wanted to".  That cracked me up.  His little friends all liked my bald head.

Most people don't ask "Why did you do that?".  If someone does then I tell them that my hair was thinning and going grey (which is true) and they move on...

I am not ashamed to be bald, it feels great.  I am more embarrassed that I wore a "system", but you live and you learn. 

Each day I am less self conscious.  My wife has said she has gotten used to the new me and she likes it.

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 08:03:11 AM »
I will get a picture posted in the near future...

Enter your email address: