Discussions About Being Bald > Reactions to being Bald

Reactions I have gotten

<< < (2/4) > >>

reddog:
@chuck63 , well known fact that moms are the worst critics of shaved head sons!

clint902:

--- Quote from: chuck63 on May 10, 2021, 01:29:32 PM ---I visited my mother for Mother’s Day yesterday.  She gave me grief about my bald head the whole time I was there.  I’ve had a few fellow bald guys I’ve run into compliment my haircut recently!

--- End quote ---
I never gave my mother any grief about her hairstyle which I didn't like it at all.  Yeah, she said my head looked green and a few other things that came to her mind.  But green?  Really?  Now that's the first time I've heard that one. 

Razorhead:

--- Quote from: chuck63 on May 10, 2021, 01:29:32 PM ---I visited my mother for Mother’s Day yesterday.  She gave me grief about my bald head the whole time I was there.  I’ve had a few fellow bald guys I’ve run into compliment my haircut recently!

--- End quote ---

@chuck63: I feel your pain. My dad was like that with my buzzcuts. Every trip to see him...there were always comments. When i shaved my head, ironically, he liked it and never said a word again about my ‘haircut’ choice. Your mother will get over it.

reddog:
@Razorhead , it was opposite with my dad, granted it was in the early 70's. I had shoulder length hair, and he was always bugging me to get a crew cut. He passed in 1975, but a few years ago I visited his grave with my head freshly shaved, and I asked him if he liked my haircut now. My mom passed before she saw me shaved, but I know she would have hated it.

Razorhead:

--- Quote from: reddog on May 11, 2021, 01:51:54 PM ---@Razorhead , it was opposite with my dad, granted it was in the early 70's. I had shoulder length hair, and he was always bugging me to get a crew cut. He passed in 1975, but a few years ago I visited his grave with my head freshly shaved, and I asked him if he liked my haircut now. My mom passed before she saw me shaved, but I know she would have hated it.

--- End quote ---

@reddog Well thinking about it....my dad hated my crewcuts when i was in my 30s and 40s. He didn’t get why i would buzz it. But as a kid, he was more like your dad. I had should length hair which he hated. He would march me off to the barbershop and I’d leave with hair on the top barely long enough to grab with the sides sandpapered. So i would go from long hair to a military cut.

I guess the acceptable hair journey of our dads was

* As a kid and teenager: crew cut
As a young working man: business man cut
As a middle age man: balding head with combover
For our generation:

* As a kid and teenager: whatever you want
As a young working man: crewcuts and flattops
As a middle age man: just shave it off
* [li][/li]
[/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index