Author Topic: How long does the Headblade keep your head smooth?  (Read 5953 times)

Offline glockmeister

• Sly Jr.
How long does the Headblade keep your head smooth?
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
I decided to try the Headblade and have to say I like it for the speed in which I can shave my head.The problem is my head only stays smooth for 3-5 hours and I can shave with the power fusion and my head stays smooth for 10-14 hours.I use the HB triple blades and shave both with the grain and then against the grain using headslick.I love headslick but so far I am not impressed with how the Headblade shaves.How long does your head stay smooth using the Headblade?

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: How long does the Headblade keep your head smooth?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »
The HeadBlade triple blades are not that great, in my opinion. I prefer the double blade much more.
You can use the Atra plus or its generic counterpart. You'll get a much closer shave.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
Less than a day.   But the blades are cheap, usually on the 20 to 50 cents range, on a sale, or on eBay.  I use the 2 blade,  Doesn't matter what the brand is, whatever you can find at a good price.   The main advantage of the Headblade is speed.  Again, IMO.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline glockmeister

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Thanks,I'm heading to Walgreens tonight to get some Atra blades.I really want the Headblade to work for me.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
While I haven't used the HB in about a year, I just don't buy that a HB gives a closer or faster shave than any Gillette or Schick stick blade.  I've tried the HB triples and Sensor Excel doubles (the doubles are MUCH better and don't clog after every pass like the HB triples).  

I didn't care much for the HB for the first few shaves, but I stuck with it for a few weeks and did find I could get a closer shave over time.  I find with the HB, though, that there's a very close balance between getting a super smooth shave and giving yourself a nasty slice or razor burn.  Also, since you don't use any pressure on the blade you have to go slower than with a stickblade.  I'll stick with my quicker and safer M5 or Mach3.

And I love HeadSlick, too.  Pretty much the standard I go by.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »
You might even try Walmart, Shaving blades area,  sometimes they will have Personnas and others there, on sale, usually bent blister packs they can't sell at regular prices.  Nothing wrong with the blades, just that the pack is beat up.  On more than one occasion, I or the wife has found a 10 pack of Personnas for $2.00   eBay isn't too bad  a place to look either.  I have bought the CVS brand there at 40 cents a blade, in bulk.  But since CVS stopped carrying the CVS knockoff blade, they have been in short supply there.  
When there is a good price on the 2 blade version,  I usually buy all they have, Walmart, Walgreens, eBay,  I have had as many as 100 or so blades sitting around.  But when the cost is only 20 cents, I'll take all they have.
Good Luck.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
Thanks,I'm heading to Walgreens tonight to get some Atra blades.I really want the Headblade to work for me.

I use the HB with Atra doubles and I get good results - 10-12 hours of smoothness. Sometimes longer.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
I use the Headblade after i've shaved with a Panasonic electric.  The combo keeps me smooth for about 8 hours.  I like the control I get with the Headblade - I've found it prevents nicks and cuts.
I also like HeadSlick because it makes the blade glide.

Seeing others' comments, I'll try the Atra blades to see if the shave is smoother and longer lasting.

Offline glockmeister

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »
It's official.The Headblade does not work for me.I tried the Atra blades for 5 days straight and the longest my head stayed smooth was 5 hours.Going back to fusion with headslick.

Offline FoulBalls

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »
Try out the sensor excel blades. I was really disappointed with the Atra doubles and the standard triple blade that the HB comes with.  The sensor adaptor is black... give a whirl, I think it gives the optimal shave with the HB.  I'll never use another razor on my head. I guess its true, once you go black...

Offline glockmeister

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »
 Now that was funny Foulballs.I guess I'll give the sensor blades a try before I give up on the Headblade.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
try the sensors on your headblade, they give a good close shave, thats way better than the headblade cartridges  O0

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
About 10 to 12 hours. The other day I shaved at 7pm and woke up at 6 the next morning and almost felt like I just shaved
I use the Headblade doubles and triples. Both get me a good, close shave. Between the two I prefer the triples, no cuts at all. Not that I get cuts regularly or every day, but everytime I use a new blade...banggg with the first shave a cut is almost guaranteed with the doubles, doesn't happen at all with the triples...
Have not tried the Sensor, but will. Can anybody tell the difference between the Sensor and Sensor Excel?

I just ordered some Personna blades, will let you know once I have used those!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 07:46:50 AM »
I tend to like the HB Triples. I know I'm one of few but they give me the best shave with the HB. Second best for me is the Sensor Twins. As with anything there is a learning curve with the HB. There are spots on my dome that I have to touch up with a stick blade after using the HB but overall the HB makes me a happy guy.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.