Author Topic: Day 3 and have some questions  (Read 3194 times)

Offline bahamamike

• Learning the way of Sly
Day 3 and have some questions
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
Ok, I am on day three of being sly and I have some questions.  I am following the 30 day challenge and shaving everyday, because I have to force myself into a rhythm or I will not stay sly, because I know myself to well. 

But I am running into a few problems.  Maybe its my technique or my razor.  I have read over how many of you do it.  And it seems most people take one or two passes and they are done.  But I am finding that in some areas I am going over the areas over and over and over again.... which as you can imagine is making it quite sore.  I am using the Gillette pro-glide.   Also, how long are your razor blades lasting?  This is day 3, and I have already gone through 2 blades.  I was hoping a blade can last me at least 3 days, but I don't think that is going to work.... or is this because I am going over spots too many times and will improve with technique. 

I still love it, so I am not going back.... I posted my picture on facebook and I have more likes and comments than I have had on any thing I have ever posted.  I went to the bar monday night and I had a few ladies come over and rub the head :).

Offline SigSam

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Day 3 and have some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
my blades last me a minimum of 15 shaves. Try a 2 or 3 blade razor. When I use the gillette fusion, there's sometimes spots on top of my head that a 5 blade razor can't reach which is why I like the headblade

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:42:45 AM »
use the headblade

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
Don't over-shave...ever.  If you don't get it bbs (baby-butt smooth) in one or two passes, leave it the hell alone.  Rough patches feel worse than they look, and razor burn feels and looks worse than a rough patch.  Just isn't worth the pain.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
You may want to try an electric for those tough spots.

Offline Sc00teR

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »
What Timmer said.

You're probably over-shaving because it's new and you're getting used to the feel of your noggin'. Don't worry; it really does get more natural in a week or two.

Oh, and I'm another big fan of the HeadBlade. There are those here that don't like it and those that swear by it. But it might be worth a try.

Also, what are you using for shaving cream/gel? That can make a huge difference. (I'm liking HeadSlick with my HB, and I've been successful in getting it pretty smooth with just a couple of strokes -- one with the grain followed up by one against -- without razor burn. And I'm a newbie like you.)

Offline WhiskeyHotel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »

Offline whatsup

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
Blades will last longer if you put them away dry. I towel the blades and then give them a good puff of air. There are some other theories if you do a search.