Author Topic: Should I become bald?  (Read 10904 times)

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
Re: Should I become bald?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
Hi Patrick,

that sounds really desperate and confirms my impression, that there are problems underneath the surface.
If you say, that you can not live any more, that sounds really serious.
And if it IS really serious you might consider talking to a good friend or even a professional (that is not a bad thing).

If it is not that serious and you are cheered up already and just need a change, go ahead and hopefully make the right choices for whatever change you desire.

By the way:
Please excuse any wrongspellings, cause I am not a native english speaker.

Regards
baldaholic

Offline Patrick

• Cool Sly Guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 06:48:19 AM »
About the problems underneath the surface - right to the point.
That is what I was trying to say.

It's not really serious, and I am already cheered up by you guys. Thanks.

Guess I must become bald.
It's a must, really.

Thank you for concern about me.
P.S
I am not a native English speaker either.
I wasn't born in Australia.
And don't worry, it's ok.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:10 AM »
Go for it! There's absolutely no problem someone with a full head shaving it all. You don't need to be MPB to shave your head.
Most guys here are balding and decided to shave it all for feeling better, but there are lots of other guys who haven't a baldness problem (like me) who love to shave their heads.
When I shaved for the first time lots of years ago I didn't regret it, I regretted not having done that before. I shaved my head in steps, but it's also fun to shave all at once.

I think most people (including women) fantasized with that someday. It's hard to get the plunge and sometimes there are reasons for not doing it (work reasons, for instance) but it's worth a try.

Just shave it, if you don't like it you will have you hair back in a few months (in fact in a few weeks you'll look like you just had a short crop).

But take care. Most people hurt themselves when they shave for the first time (that happened with me). If possible get someone else's help -- a barber or a friend.

You can also have a #0 or #1 crop first, then get some sun for a few days and finally shaving smooth... so your head will not be extremely white.

Remember, not all your problems will disappear when you shave your head, but I feel that's symbolic and sort of a rite of passage and I hope you'll feel better after doing that.

If possible register everything with a cam.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
Hi, Patrick !

I would say that if you are feeling you should shave your head then like what Nike say's; "Just do it!"
I can guarantee that you will love it & will definitely experience a boost in confidence. I did as many others here did also.

Make sure you are careful when you shave your head for the first time as your scalp will be very sensitive. If possible, get the help of a friend or your local barber.

All the best in your decision (which is a very good one).
BaldBill

Offline Patrick

• Cool Sly Guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 12:58:24 PM »
I am happy that all of you support me so hard. Thank you, much appreciated.
I am going to find a local barber and ask his help.

Though I don't have a camera to film the process, I will make a photo with me after shaving.

Cheers,
           Patrick

BALDANDRE

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
Patrick..after reading all the threads you wrote..yea you should shave your head..changing yourself even when it's been in your head for a short while ..or long while will be such a symbolic thing..it could be the start of your new path..

go for it..shave off all your old life your not satisfied with..a slick bald head is clean and a great way to start your new adventure..

go for it..you'll love being a bald man!

Would love to see the end result..good luck! O0

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 05:18:13 AM »
Am I the only one who smells a troll here?

Offline Patrick

• Cool Sly Guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »

Sorry, troll?

WHY?

I came here with a problem and find it's answer and now I'm named a troll.
Why?

Cheers,
             Patrick

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »

Sorry, troll?

WHY?

I came here with a problem and find it's answer and now I'm named a troll.
Why?

Cheers,
             Patrick

I don't know, you just don't come off as being sincere... somehow it feels you're only trying to mock baldness and bald ppl. Could be only me, though... if you're sincere then it's fine and I apologize.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
I didn't get the "troll" impression. What I did get, though, is the impression that someone thinks that putting on a coat of paint will somehow negate the fact that termites have eaten the load bearing walls. Question of what I interpret as priorities.
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
I also think there's a question of a common language but Patrick addressed that earlier.
I just think he's too focused on arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline twhitman

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »
If you feel "lost" or however you put it...theres more to it than just a haircut will fix.  Going from long hair to completly bald is a big change....I would go short with the clippers first with a buzzcut, and see how you like it like that for a little while, and if you like it then go all the way to bald.  And if you don't like it, then you still have hair & it'll grow back in no time.  And btw you have nice hair the way you look...but I guess we all have the need for a change every now and then.

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
I say do it, it's only hair, it will grow back.  But, if you're doing it because you think it will change your personality or something else, think again.... 8)

Offline syrian sly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
i kinda smell a troll.

either way, it sounds like you need some zoloft more than a shave.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm simply gonna say that any big changes in my life have been an inside out job.  And real change, requires real action.  You can act your way into right thinking, you cannot think your way into right action.

Shave or don't.  Made a decision and act on that decision.  The sooner you realize that having blue hair or no hair isn't gonna make a bit of difference deep down where ya live, the sooner you'll start focusing on the real problems...whatever they are.

Hell at your age, we were all crazy.  Part of growing up.  Try to enjoy the ride.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."