Author Topic: Midge bites!  (Read 11905 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Midge bites!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 01:13:48 AM »
The diluted vinegar idea sounds good!

....only thing is, you end up smelling like a fish supper  :*))
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
The diluted vinegar idea sounds good!

....only thing is, you end up smelling like a fish supper  :*))

HAHAHA :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 04:05:35 AM »
Skin so Soft works great. When I know I have to do a flea treatment on a home or business I spray myself down with it.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 09:32:26 AM »
Scottie has the right idea. I know a lot of hunters and fishermen that swear by it.

That's what I was going to recommend.

Avon's best product--good for any area with hungry bugs.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »
if you get those bites...the best thing to do is rub an onion on it.  Seriously it works.  We have them damn things aroun dhere and when they bite...they leave a swollen area ....just rub and onion in it ...it will go away.  Try it...it works

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
Timm, are you just trying to get us smelling like onions so YOU can get all the women out there?? Man, onions, vinegar, etc. Are we keeping the bugs away or just keeping them happy with added flavor to their meals??   :*))
It's all about attitude!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
I've actually heard that before.
http://www.chiff.com/a/summer-mosquito-bites.htm

if you get those bites...the best thing to do is rub an onion on it.  Seriously it works.  We have them damn things aroun dhere and when they bite...they leave a swollen area ....just rub and onion in it ...it will go away.  Try it...it works
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Irishdeerhunter

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:01 AM »
Just an up date on a product that I purchased called Autan which contains the active ingredient Icaridin (it seems to be less severe on the skin than DEET).  I have to say, so far so good. I apply it early in the morning prior to sun exposure & midge breakfast time and it is effective. Touch wood!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
A new remedy - dissolve sugar in water and wipe all over your skin. It wont stop em bitin but it will rot their teeth  ;D
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Irishdeerhunter

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 02:57:37 PM »
A new remedy - dissolve sugar in water and wipe all over your skin. It wont stop em bitin but it will rot their teeth  ;D

Why not go the whole nine yards and rub some chocolate biscuits onto the skin as well. Then they might be too full for feasting on the skin. ;D

Offline ChelleCecil

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
hey I am so glad to have stumbled on to this site   I have been eaten alive by what I am figuring are Midges....all over over my exposed skin when i sleep at night...they look like pimples with a real red ring around it   I usually just wipe them off real good with alcohol but bite remains sore and not necessarily itchy  but it take along time to go away   but from what you have all said I will try this   I was from Northern CA but now have moved to OK  and I get bit by a plethora of what every wants me...  Skin so Soft will be on my list  Thanks   Chelle

Enter your email address: