Author Topic: ahh...some negative comments HELP  (Read 7872 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
Re: ahh...some negative comments HELP
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
I agree with all that has been said in the reply's.

(TOTALLY JOKING) you could find a black person as your new best friend and walk around with only them)

Yeah, that was bad, but <kinda> ha ha.

I have had two people say that to me in the 5 days' I've been sly.  I remember what my grandma taught me years ago when they do.... maybe take her advice.

"The day you don't give a SH@# what others think of you is the day you become an adult".- Grandma Berg.

(her favorite word was SH@# so I don't consider it a swear word)  :)
AKA Gimpy

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Hey Baldmandan.  Sounds like to me those folks who said that are jealous.   O:O
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
I remember lots of negative comments when I first shaved my head.  Especially from those closest to me.  But, as time went on, the look has grown on everybody I know.  My sister was making fun of when I had "hair" recently.  Even my mom (the one who hated it the worst at first) now thinks I look better bald.  Because I do.   ;D  And people ALWAYS think I look younger than I am and that's getting to be a real plus. 

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »
I got a few negative comments - more like "why would you want to shave your head?"  But those were limited to the first few days.  Now I'm far more likely to get compliments, including ones that say I look younger and more authoritative. 

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 12:23:55 PM »
I've gotten the," I THOUGHT YOU WERE 30!," comment, even though I'm 25.  I use to get comments like that in high-school too.  People thought I was 25 when infact I was 16...

On the other hand, they'll be saying you look 30 when you're 40, probably 45. When I was 13 I looked 30. I looked 30 when I was 45. Enjoy the consistency and remember not every one thinks that being 25 is a virtue. At thirty you're considered stabler, settled, more trustworthy. It may be slightly upsetting to you but take the benefits which far out weigh the one minor negative.

Offline slybronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 09:35:40 AM »
Bro look up what the real skin heads are, nothing to be ashamed off. They were a working class. I too have been asked that question, I'm Mexican so going by the lame skin heads would be impossible since I have the wrong skin color. So their next question is usually if I am in a gang. My typical response puff my chest out and tell them  Run mofo! ain't it amazing how ignorant people are?

We should have a tshirt made not a skinhead just super sly