Author Topic: still sly!  (Read 1455 times)

Offline ed.baldie

• Learning the way of Sly
  • so, so SLY!
still sly!
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
hey all, just want to report that i am still happily sly (after a brief foray into growing it back) and loving it! I am bbc, so people don't really get it, but i love it  8) question though...i want to shave everyday, i love the totally smooth look...but how do i cut down on the irritation? i also have a VERY sensitive nape that i'm having trouble with. any advice?

Stay SLY!

ed

finally sly, and loving it!

marty22

Re: still sly!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 05:29:31 AM »
glad you're still Sly!

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
Re: still sly!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Hello ed,
Nice pic! The bald look suits you well. Don't worry about what other might say. I'm also bbc and people don't get it either. I've learnt over the years to build confidence and now I don't care about what other may think. If you enjoy being bald, keep it that way!
Now, back to your question. I have the same problem. I'd love to be able to shave everyday and keep a super smooth scalp but I end up with skin irritation if I shave daily (probably because I shave against the grain to be totally stubble-free). I therefore shave every other day, but do it very close to the skin so the stubble is not so bad after 2 days. This is the best compromise I found. I shave after taking a hot shower to soothen the skin. Of course, use a good shaving gel or lotion, spread it on your scalp and gently massage it to prepare the skin for the shaving. Also, don't forget to moiturize your skin once you're done, as this will be important to avoid irritation.
Hope this helps.
Keep it smooth 8)
Foreversmooth

Enter your email address: