Author Topic: Barber Shop Headshave  (Read 52599 times)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Barber Shop Headshave
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
Good luck and enjoy the experience Mr. Jules. My barbershop headshave is always one of the highlights of my week.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 03:34:20 AM »
Mr Jules,

It certainly is! It's a nice shop.

I had an aversion to any sort of hair cutting for many years... but had my long hair removed in there over a year ago :)  and despite having tried a few other barbers (for convenience, and just to see how different it could be) have found this one to be consistently excellent!

I certainly recommend the place! Hope it's good for you!

Chris

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »
Mr Jules,

It certainly is! It's a nice shop.

I had an aversion to any sort of hair cutting for many years... but had my long hair removed in there over a year ago :)  and despite having tried a few other barbers (for convenience, and just to see how different it could be) have found this one to be consistently excellent!

I certainly recommend the place! Hope it's good for you!

Chris

Thanks, Chris.

Yep, I shall be going in the next week or two. Especially since they include head shave in the price list. Been sly for 5 months now, I've want a pro to shave it. Do you they use a cut throat or double edge razor ? I do hope so.

The other day, was in the barber's having my beard trimmed. Just before taking my seat for the trim, another turned to me and said "what are you in for ?". Just pointed at my beard. Like a barber could do anything with my bald head.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
I enjoy going to the barbershop on occasion for a head shave. It feels good to be pampered every once in awhile. I have found that they I have not gotten as close a shave as I have gotten when I do it myself.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
Mr Jules,

It's a cut throat style razor.

Let us know how it goes!

Chris

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
Mr Jules,

Let us know how it goes!

Chris

Just had a head shave The Legends barber shop in Holborn, central London.

It's quite an experience having a cut throat razor on your head. Barber does a thorough job, though not necessarily smoother than my home shaves. The skin feels better, because the barber makes sure the skin is tight as he applies the razor.

And it's great walking out of the barbers with a completely shaven head. Recommended.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
Glad you made it in there! I was there only a day or so before you I guess!

Tony does a decent job! (Better than I can... I have a couple of awkward moles that I really need to get seen to!)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
I usually have a barber shop headshave in October as a treat for my birthday.  I have an appointment October 20 at The Art of Shaving for a straight razor head shave.  I'll post pictures and a critique after the shave.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »
Mr Jules,

Let us know how it goes!

Chris

It's quite an experience having a cut throat razor on your head. Barber does a thorough job, though not necessarily smoother than my home shaves. The skin feels better, because the barber makes sure the skin is tight as he applies the razor.

And it's great walking out of the barbers with a completely shaven head. Recommended.

I may be in London in the February/March 2013 timeframe.  If I'm able to go then I'll probably make an appointment at Geo. F. Trumper in Mayfair.  Mr. Jules, I'll definitely let you know if I'll be in London.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
I only went to the barbershop for a headshave when I first time shaved my head.
I have realised that I can trust no one when it comes to shaving my dome
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »
Mr Jules,

Let us know how it goes!

Chris

I may be in London in the February/March 2013 timeframe.  If I'm able to go then I'll probably make an appointment at Geo. F. Trumper in Mayfair.  Mr. Jules, I'll definitely let you know if I'll be in London.

Red

Simply Red .... look forward to seeing you in London.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
OK, yesterday I treated myself to a headshave at Art of Shaving at Woodfield Mall.  My barber, Frank, is a most congenial fellow and knows how to use a straight razor quite well.  The shop has a single chair in the back.  It cannot be seen from the main shop floor, so there are not distractions from curious customers. I had the Royal Shave, which is a head shave and a face shave.  Art of Shaving's price for this is $55 less tip.  For me a barbershop headshave is an indulgence I like to treat myself to from time to time.  I give my experience at Art of Shaving four out of five stars.  I would definitely go there again.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but I was taking it from the reflection in the mirror and the light was rather low.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
Looks pretty neat on both of you.

Roger
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
Wow, Red, that looks cool......I may get a shave at AOS when I get my tax return just for the experience.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
I was just up in Level 78's neck of the woods. Wish I had seen that video before.