Author Topic: Getting the hang of HeadBlade  (Read 13332 times)

Offline Darrell

• Sly Jr.
  • Official Kilt of The United States Marine Corps
Re: Getting the hang of HeadBlade
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »
I got my HeadBlade Sport 3 days ago, and have pretty much got the hang of using it. I get the smoothest shave ever. Since I'm a lefty I start with the HeadBlade on the middle finger of my left hand. I shave from front all the way down the back of my head in long smooth strokes. This gives me a combination of against the grain and with the grain on the same stroke.

With the HeadBlade still in my left hand, I put my arm over my head, and shave the right side of my head clear down to the ear by pushing the blade toward the back of my head. With the HeadBlade still in my left hand, I do the left side of my head clear down to the ear pushing the blad towards the back of my head.

Next, I switch to the middle finger of my right hand, and start from below the hair line on the back of my head and shave upward against the grain. Leaving the HeadBlade in my right hand, I put my arm over my head and shave the left side down to the ear moving the HeadBlade towards my left eye. Then, leaving the HeadBlade in my right hand I shave the right side of my head down to the ear moving the HeadBlade towards my right eye.

This gives me a complete headshave with and against the grain only changing hands one time.   I shave after showering, making sure that my head is plenty wet so that the HeadSlick is very slippery. Have never gotten a nick, and my head is as smooth as a bowling ball.

Love the HeadBlade.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »
I got my HeadBlade Sport 3 days ago, and have pretty much got the hang of using it. I get the smoothest shave ever. after showering, making sure that my head is plenty wet so that the HeLove the HeadBlade.

Congratulations on getting the headblade down ...I am really happy with it also  Am a rightly and just haven't been able to do the hand switch, so pretty much use the right hand for both sides.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
Gald you dig the HeadBlade Darrell!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »
it does take some getting used to, but it is well worth it.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Im a true believer of the head blade.   I never once got a nic or a cut from the HB but i switched to the MachIII in which I had anyways for my face....and jezz o' pete.  I got three nicks and a cut on my ear.  I think I will keep with the HB for my head.  About how I go about shaving my head and in what direction...I go from front to back then back to front...on the sides near the front I have to go up from the ear and on the sides toward the back I have to go from back to front around and over the ear.  I have this one spot on the back right side that i have to shave from middle to the right side...kinda sideways.....why I dunno...and the top of my head...right at the crown i have to shave it to the side going right ...and the same going left.  The HB seems to give me a smoother head for a longer period of time.

JohnMont

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
DOES anyone use an electric shaver for the daily routine?  How does that work?  Smooth enuf?  does it produce bumps, etc.??

John

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »
john..... i am a former (notice i say former) electric razor user.  when i 1st became sly in late april of 07, i started w/ an electric razor.  i stuck w/ the electric for about 2-3 weeks.  the more i did research on the sbg forum, i became more interested on using the manual razor.  the regular fusion is my weapon of choice.  it gets me the smoothest compared 2 an electric.  i haven't been back since.  the fusion rocks 4 me!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
champ007
Because of all the posts and research I did, I started with the headblade. Seeing shaving my head was a learning curve anyway, I figured I'd also learn with a product intended for my head.  So I would suggest for anyone just starting to start with the headblade. It's a great product that does what it is meant to.  O0
[/quote]

My initial fears were I would slice and dice my noggin and never try this again, but the HB is a wonderful tool for the head shaver, once you get the hang of it, it really works well.
I am getting the closest smoothest shaves, and I haven't even gone against the grain with it yet. I clean up around the ears with whatever blade I am using for my face; usually Atra plus, sensor or Mach III. This routine works well, and I love the feeling after I am freshly shaven.
Nothing like it. I then rub on some Bald Guyz moisture gel, and I'm good to go.
Stick with the Headblade, once you get it down it's quick and easy.
Also, do the left side with your left hand, you will get accustomed  to shaving that way, and it should get more comfortable with time.

Offline rex

• Sly Jr.
  • GO SLY OR GO HOME
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
Hey guys, well I found a Head Blade Sport, and after a few speeding tickets on my scalp, I am getting the hang of it. You need to remember that you DO NOT NEED to apply pressure on the Head Blade or else you will be bleeding.

I still am having issues switching hands with the Head Blade, and the ear thing I tend to pull out the MACH 3 as I have to use it on my face too, so not a big worry.

The option of using either the Head Blade or the Mach 3 is nice. I will keep them both.
 : :)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 08:14:44 AM »

I still am having issues switching hands with the Head Blade, and the ear thing I tend to pull out the MACH 3 as I have to use it on my face too, so not a big worry.

I gave up on switching hands... keep the HeadSlick in the left and feel for stubble and shave with the right!  O0  (or vise versa!)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

X The Hierophant

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
I gave up on switching hands... keep the HeadSlick in the left and feel for stubble and shave with the right!  O0  (or vise versa!)

Same here ... I'm not coordinated enough to switch hands...

Offline sifudave

• Sly Jr.
  • One Warrior, Many Weapons.
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 08:48:28 AM »
I stick with the same hand (right) as well but I do 'flip' the HB-S around when I go for the back of my head.

I've played around with the Fusion and a few other blades here & there but I keep coming back to the Sport.
Great invention.  I wish shaving my face was as efficient!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 03:54:03 PM »
I switch hands.  I found that I actually get a better shave when I use my left hand than my right, though I'm right handed.    :px

Here's a blogger that talks about his first HeadBlade experience...

http://www.digitalthom.com/2007/09/09/my-experience-with-the-headblade-system/
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »
I switch hands too. I figure I may as well be able to be comfortable in using HB in either hand.
It takes some getting used to, but I am much better now (less awkward) when using the left now. With time I think it should feel just as natural as using the right. 

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 05:00:43 PM »
Hand switcher here.  I can only envision very bad things if I tried to use only one hand... spelled B-L-O-O-D.  I can do 2/3 with one hand, but once I get to the last 1/3, forget it.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Enter your email address: