Author Topic: Smooooth n sexy......but need little advice  (Read 7852 times)

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
Re: Smooooth n sexy......but need little advice
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
heabblade mastery in three easy steps.

1. Practice (several days)
2. time (go slowly)
3. warm skin (hot pre-shave)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 05:52:55 AM »
Good question about the bandanna.  I am a volunteer firefighter and have a nomax hood under my fire helmut, so a shaved noggin with the helmut on never bothered me.  Also, I don't wear a fire helmut for eight hours straight.  Buy a bandanna, see how you like it under your hard hat and go from there.  I suspect the head will be a lot less sensitive over time, once you acclimate.

Have fun with the new look and style.  Accessories are part of the experience.

Ken
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"

Offline dwingrider

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »
So heres the update-

I bought an Under Armour skullcap and been using that under my hard hat. It really does make me feel more comfortable under that hard hat. Havnt tried the bandanna yet. Although I love trying out all the accessories I can use now.

Been using my Mach3 and headblade shave cream to shave every 2-3 days. Really like the control I have with the mach3, so gonna stick to that for a while. Although theres this one area on my head, thats extra sensitive and I bleed about a drop of blood every time I shave. It doesnt hurt or anything, but does leave a red spot there visible for a day or two. It always heals by the time I decide to shave again. Not sure what to do about that. I shower before I shave and make sure to stay in the shower for atleast 10-15 minutes, but still bleed at the same spot. Anyone have any suggestions how I can avoid that?

At work, a couple of people commented how I had the guts to go ahead n do it and how they never could dare to :D
But, I am loving my new look and I dont know if its just me, but I love the way the bones on my forehead look now. I find it kind of cool. I was looking at my old pics with very little hair and find that look rather weird now. I love the new slyyyy look. O0

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
I don;t have any suggestions on getting the bleeder to heal but I can suggest a way to manage it.

For the next coupleof times you blade shave, do your usual pre-shave routine and then lather up.  Take the tip of your forefinger on the hand you don't use to hold the razor - press the tip onto the spot and, starting your shave in that area, carefully shave up to your fingertip.  Finish your shave and then put a bandaid over the tiny spot you've skipped.  I like the Nexcare brand ones for this - they hold well and blend in decently since the adhesive portion is clear.  The bandage helps the spot heal and hides the tiny unshaved spot.  Leave the bandage in place until your next shave and remove it in the shower -it'll come off easier in the moisture.   If the spot still hasn't adequately healed use the same shave approach. If you need to, carefully use an electric razor or close clipper to get the spot back under control but don;t push at it.

Most likely you've just got a spot that is super irritated and needs time to rest/heal.  If after giving it a rest it still gives you problems have someone take a look at it. 

So when do we see the sly you?
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »
Underarmour makes good products and glad that is working. Plus the material wicks away moisture which is a good thing.  Glad the new style is working and you are getting into a routine.  The tender spots will toughen up.  Stick with it!
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"